The first book of its kind – a definitive and beautifully designed survey of ’70s, ’80s and early ’90s arcade game pixel typography. Continue reading »
When we think back to the nineties today, all we can think of a strange things. Terrible clothes, horrible hairstyles, bad music. All day long talk shows were shown on television, the turn of the millennium was a time for computer specialists, and with it also us, in fear and terror, SMS fees of 11 cents per sent 160 character message tore deep holes in our wallets, which were anyway far too tight. From a cultural point of view, the nineties were probably a decade that, on the surface, did not belong to the brilliant achievements of the human race. Continue reading »
In the early 1990s, the arcades experienced a major resurgence with the 1991 release of Capcom’s Street Fighter II, which popularized competitive fighting games and revived the arcade industry to a level of popularity not seen since the days of Pac-Man, setting off a renaissance for the arcade game industry in the early 1990s. Continue reading »
Caine Monroy loves arcades so much, he built his own out of cardboard. The nine-year-old set up shop at his dad’s auto parts store in East Los Angeles, and wasn’t getting any customers until an independent filmmaker decided to set up a flashmob through the Internet to bring in more customers than even Caine could possibly imagine.
Take a look at the pictures below to see the day where Caine’s Arcade became the best-known cardboard arcade in the world.
Caine Monroy, 9, stands in front of his cardboard arcade inside his father’s auto parts store in East Los Angeles. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s
- Artist Illustrates The Sad Reality Of Animal Cruelty And Shows How Factory Farming Harms Our Planet