“Wakka Wakka Wakka”: Amazing Nostalgic Video Game Artworks By Rachid Lotf
When we think back to the nineties today, all we can think of a strange things. Terrible clothes, horrible hairstyles, bad music. All day long talk shows were shown on television, the turn of the millennium was a time for computer specialists, and with it also us, in fear and terror, SMS fees of 11 cents per sent 160 character message tore deep holes in our wallets, which were anyway far too tight. From a cultural point of view, the nineties were probably a decade that, on the surface, did not belong to the brilliant achievements of the human race.
But once we sit down and give the nostalgic feelings deep inside a little emotional space, we suddenly remember all the small and big miracles that have made us what we are today. Star Wars, for example. Or Sailor Moon. Or the grey Game Boy. Or the Turtles. Tomb Raider. The Tamagotchi. Space Jam. Pokémon. Friends. Bruce Lee movies. The Simpsons. Everything with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Jurassic Park, Silent Hill. And of course Michael Jackson.
The artist Rachid Lotf has now simply packed everything that was important to him in his childhood into a single picture and then shared it with the world. Sure, at first glance we find all kinds of things that mean a lot to us. But even at second, third or even fourth glance you might be surprised by the richness of detail that Rachid’s work “90’s Kid” possesses. Under the Final Fantasy VII poster, that’s Hello Kitty? Is there a Monopoly board on the floor? And is there a furby on the crammed shelf waiting for us? Yes, yes and yes again.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape