Artist Nikolai Tolsty thoughtfully joins forces with Mother Nature to produce artwork displaying an all-natural twist. Using paper as his medium of choice, the artist carves out a sleek animal silhouette on each sheet and proceeds to photograph the said cutout, superimposed on the world around him.
Continue reading »
Jinna Yang, a 25-year-old Chinese girl born in Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.A., went on a trek through Europe carrying a cardboard cutout of her father, who died from cancer two years ago.
She quit her fashion job in New York City, gave up her apartment, sold most of her clothes and brought her “father” with her as she traveled across Europe, in order to take him to all the countries he wanted to visit, while he was alilve. She put the pictures online in hopes of spurring others to follow their dreams and aspirations.
“I want the world to know who my dad was,” Yang explains. And, thanks to her creative homage, people approached her as she traveled, asking about the cutout and wanting to know more about her and her project. It led to strangers sharing their own stories of grief and loss. “That’s the great thing about traveling,” she says. “It really was healing for me.”
Now, Yang is planning her next trip, this time to Spain and Croatia. And, of course, dad will be right there with her.
Le Louvre, in Paris, France; according to Yang, her father ran a dry-cleaning business in Norfolk, Virginia, where he worked for 12 hours a day for six days per week. (Photo: CFP)
Continue reading »
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Cats Are Not Lazy, They Have Many Important Jobs
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- This Facebook Group Is Dedicated To Recreating Terrible Amateur Art, Here Are The Weirdest Entries
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- Metal Albums Look Much Less Scary With Googly Eyes
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of The Grateful Dead’s Wall Of Sound, 1974