Artist Nikolai Tolsty thoughtfully joins forces with Mother Nature to produce artwork displaying an all-natural twist. Using paper as his medium of choice, the artist carves out a sleek animal silhouette on each sheet and proceeds to photograph the said cutout, superimposed on the world around him.
Continue reading »
Jinna Yang, a 25-year-old Chinese girl born in Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.A., went on a trek through Europe carrying a cardboard cutout of her father, who died from cancer two years ago.
She quit her fashion job in New York City, gave up her apartment, sold most of her clothes and brought her “father” with her as she traveled across Europe, in order to take him to all the countries he wanted to visit, while he was alilve. She put the pictures online in hopes of spurring others to follow their dreams and aspirations.
“I want the world to know who my dad was,” Yang explains. And, thanks to her creative homage, people approached her as she traveled, asking about the cutout and wanting to know more about her and her project. It led to strangers sharing their own stories of grief and loss. “That’s the great thing about traveling,” she says. “It really was healing for me.”
Now, Yang is planning her next trip, this time to Spain and Croatia. And, of course, dad will be right there with her.
Le Louvre, in Paris, France; according to Yang, her father ran a dry-cleaning business in Norfolk, Virginia, where he worked for 12 hours a day for six days per week. (Photo: CFP)
Continue reading »
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Artist Recreates His Own Childhood Drawings 20+ Years Later
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Royal Society Of Biology Photographer Of The Year 2019: The Shortlist
- Stunning Vintage Pictures Of The London Underground Through The Times
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- The Winning Photos From The CIWEM Environmental Photographer Of The Year 2019, An International Showcase For The Very Best In Environmental Photography
- Traveling Couple Captures Ethereal Images In The Most Unspoiled Places Around The World