Artist Nikolai Tolsty thoughtfully joins forces with Mother Nature to produce artwork displaying an all-natural twist. Using paper as his medium of choice, the artist carves out a sleek animal silhouette on each sheet and proceeds to photograph the said cutout, superimposed on the world around him.
Continue reading »
Jinna Yang, a 25-year-old Chinese girl born in Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.A., went on a trek through Europe carrying a cardboard cutout of her father, who died from cancer two years ago.
She quit her fashion job in New York City, gave up her apartment, sold most of her clothes and brought her “father” with her as she traveled across Europe, in order to take him to all the countries he wanted to visit, while he was alilve. She put the pictures online in hopes of spurring others to follow their dreams and aspirations.
“I want the world to know who my dad was,” Yang explains. And, thanks to her creative homage, people approached her as she traveled, asking about the cutout and wanting to know more about her and her project. It led to strangers sharing their own stories of grief and loss. “That’s the great thing about traveling,” she says. “It really was healing for me.”
Now, Yang is planning her next trip, this time to Spain and Croatia. And, of course, dad will be right there with her.
Le Louvre, in Paris, France; according to Yang, her father ran a dry-cleaning business in Norfolk, Virginia, where he worked for 12 hours a day for six days per week. (Photo: CFP)
Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- “Suburbia”: The Melancholic and Mythological Artworks by Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Artist Illustrates The Sad Reality Of Animal Cruelty And Shows How Factory Farming Harms Our Planet