This Artist Uses Natural Landscapes to Color in Cutout Silhouettes of Animals
Artist Nikolai Tolsty thoughtfully joins forces with Mother Nature to produce artwork displaying an all-natural twist. Using paper as his medium of choice, the artist carves out a sleek animal silhouette on each sheet and proceeds to photograph the said cutout, superimposed on the world around him.
Tolsty brings his elegant outlines into the natural world, where he searches for an authentic and visually engaging background. Between dewdrop-covered grass, tree trunks worn with rustic lines, colorfully bold flower petals, and freshly fallen autumn leaves, the artist has plenty of options to choose from.
Each image in this ongoing photo project settles on a section of scenery that compliments his latest paper creature. A giraffe’s spots are mimicked by blossoming yellow buds, while thin brown leaves serve as a tiger’s stripes. Essentially, nature is used to color in the artist’s two-dimensional zoo.
Tolsty’s work also demonstrates the power of contrast. The sharp lines of the paper silhouettes complement the lush textures of the environment, enhancing the essence of the artist’s vision. In the end, Tolsty’s simple project aims to capture the many shapes and forms of beauty that unceasingly occupies the world around us.
Via My Modern Met
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions