Student Brings A Cutout Of His Late Mom For His Graduation, Goes Viral
Not everyone can bring their parents to their graduation. However, this Filipino student went his own way to bring his late mom to his graduation.
In a viral tweet, Paulo Alinsog shared a photo of himself and a life-size cutout of his late mother with the caption, “To my most beautiful mother! Ma, your eldest has graduated I hope you’re happy in the presence of God. I finished school because this is what you wanted. I love you very much.”
Alinsog shared to Coconuts Manila that he had the standee made because it was his dream to graduate with his mother, Carmen, by his side. Carmen passed away in August 2016 due to complications from pneumonia.
“I ordered the standee two weeks ago because I’ve always wanted her to accompany me on my graduation day. When the standee was delivered to me, I cried because I thought it was real. I thought it was beautiful and creepy at the same time,” he said. “I had that standee made so that I could at least feel my mom’s presence on graduation day because my graduation from college was our dream.”
Netizens were touched by the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration graduate, Paulo John’s actions and praised him for his love for his late mother:
so sweet, she's proud of you!
— jєr (@jjxrwxn) July 16, 2019
she's PROUD!! Congrats po!!
— laisa (@ELLAISA_) July 16, 2019
Ugh, you dont know me po, but I’m sure she’s so proud of you! 🙌🏻
— Joshua Antoni Miguel 👨🏻💻 (@joshtotweets) July 16, 2019
I'm 100% sure she's proud! God Bless!!
— jace 🦋 (@yatsybabez) July 16, 2019
congrats, she's the luckiest mom.
— Dragan Yuri Talabong 🇵🇭 (@paranoid_yuri) July 16, 2019
Congrats!! Your Mom is Very Proud of you now :))
— 𝓓𝓲𝔁𝓲𝓮 (@http_dix) July 16, 2019
For sure your mom is so proud, congratulations po! God bless! 💖
— ruffa (@ruffadiones) July 16, 2019
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Stunning Images Of The National Geographic Traveller Photography Contest 2021
- Spectacular Wining Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways