The 2019 New York City Taxi Drivers Calendar, a comedic take on the traditional pin-up, features 12 of the city’s most scintillating and good-humored yellow cab drivers.
A portion of each calendar sale benefits University Settlement, America’s oldest settlement house (1886), based in New York City and serving over 30,000 immigrant and working individuals and families every year with basic services like quality education, housing, recreation and wellness opportunities, and literacy programs. Continue reading »
Mike Mandel grew up in the San Fernando Valley, and as an kid in the 1950s could walk just about everywhere he needed to go: to school, or later down the street to the open field to collect rocks or catch lizards. All of his friends lived on his block, so he didn’t think too much about the time he spent in a car. But by the time he reached twenty in 1970, he realized how large a role the car would play in his life, and so began to photograph the inhabitants of 1970s California in their cars. Continue reading »
“Meat Interrupts Your Sex Life!” That’s the message on new PETA billboards going up this summer in Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia—the country’s top producers of beef, pork, and poultry, respectively. Continue reading »
An American firm called Ideas That Stick has come up with a brutal way of punishing people who don’t obey parking laws. They’ve invented a device called the Barnacle which sticks to the windshields of cars with 750 pounds of force. The device is currently being tested but it could mean big trouble for anyone with unpaid parking tickets. Continue reading »
People living in the city of Nanning in southern China have had to rat-proof their cars recently because the rat population in the city is growing. The DIY solution to this problem is to create what’s being called “a skirt” made out of cloth and bamboo which keeps the rats out. Continue reading »
Would you slow down if you were driving towards what looked like a floating pedestrian crossing? We certainly would, and India’s transport minister Nitin Gadkari hopes that millions of other people will too. That’s why he’s proposing the use of these 3D paintings as an alternative form of speed-breaker. And as you can see from the pictures below, these optical illusions are sure to catch your attention. Continue reading »
New York to photograph some of the city’s best-humored taxi drivers. These drivers put a face to one of the most dedicated workforces in NYC, driving day and night to transport New Yorkers and our guests alike. This year’s calendar features three returning All-Stars and 10 new drivers, and debuts our first ever husband and wife driving duo.
Continue reading »
“We took to the streets of New York to photograph some of the city’s best-humored taxi drivers. These gentlemen put a face to one of the most dedicated workforces in NYC, driving day and night to transport New Yorkers and our guests alike. For a taste of what to expect inside, take a peek at these sultry photos…” Continue reading »
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Lexus UX Crossover Gets Tyre Inspired By Nike Air Force 1 Shoes
- These Men’s Underwear Create A New Level In Bad Taste!
- These Photos Were Taken At Burning Man Festivals On Three Different Continents Show How Different They Are