London entered the 20th century at the height of its influence as the capital of the largest empire in history, but the new century was to bring many challenges. London was the largest city in the world from about 1825 until it was overtaken by New York City in 1925. Continue reading »
Susan Joice, 16, arrested for stealing money from a gas meter. 1903.
Tyne and Wear Archives & Museum / Juvenile delinquency and the evolution of the British juvenile courts by Kate Bradley, University of Kent
These mugshots of Edwardian Britain depict minors arrested for petty crimes and are part of a wide photographic collection of Tyne Wear Archives. The age of the subjects starts from 12 years old to 21 which was the legal age of adulthood. These minors were arrested in the British town of North Shields. Continue reading »
If you think you take too much time to get ready in the morning, wait till you meet this young woman who dresses to impress in a very unusual way. Mila Povoroznyuk from Ukraine, who is known to her fans as @your_sunny_flowers, has ditched all modern fashion trends to follow her own aesthetic that makes her look like she came back from the 19th century. Continue reading »
Along with dog, cat has not only been a favorite pet of humans since long time ago, but also a close friend. These lovely photos captured people posing with their cats over 100 years ago. Continue reading »
The Edwardian fashion era is often remembered by large over-sized hats stacked with plums of feathers, bows, flowers, birds, lace, and tulle. They were called Gainsborough or Picture hats for how they framed a lady’s face. Continue reading »
One of the primary changes of the Edwardian Era included the change in clothes of the women.
A typical Edwardian Woman was very fashion conscious and this era hence brought about remarkable new trends in women’s attire. Curvy hips and fuller low chests were the unique characteristics of this era because they emphasised slim and trim fits. Continue reading »
These stunning colorized photos of lovely girls from Edwardian era that may make you amazed. Continue reading »
Edwardian girls not only fascinated by their clothing, many of them also had a pure beauty as angels. Check out these lovely vintage photos to see the beauty of young Edwardian girls from the 1900s. Continue reading »
These images are a selection from an album of photographs of prisoners brought before the North Shields Police Court in the early 1900s. Continue reading »
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s