In a surprising piece of news, Lego has not missed out on an opportunity to embrace a massive mobile tech trend this year — folding smartphones. What, exactly, has the brick company come up with to take on the might of the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X? It’s the LEGO Fold, and like folding smartphones, the design has been heavily — and we mean heavily — influenced by a traditional book. Continue reading »
Armadillo-T, a foldable electric vehicle, folds up its rear at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in Daejeon, south of Seoul September 2, 2013.With a click on a smartphone, the experimental “Armadillo-T” electric car made in South Korea will park itself and fold nearly in half, freeing up space in crowded cities.
The quirky two-seater, named after the animal whose shell it resembles, may never see production but it is part of a trend of developing environmentally friendly vehicles for urban spaces. Picture taken September 2, 2013. Photos by Kim Hong-Ji/Reuters. Continue reading »
Ever wished you were cuter, lighter and more portable?
Foldable.Me lets you create 3D cardboard avatars of yourself or your friends. Customise them on http://foldable.me and they’ll be sent anywhere in the world. Foldable.Me launches on October 2nd 2012 – priced at $11.99 including free international delivery. Continue reading »
Dutch design studio Lijmbach, Leeuw & Vormgeving, a product design agency founded by Herman Lijmbach and Jasper de Leeuw, designed a foldable backpack inspired by an armadillo. The prototype was released a while back and finally, but now the backpack is available for purchase. If ever there was a product that could make you feel like a real-life ninja turtle, this is it.
The production version is slightly different from the prototype in that it now fits a laptop up to 15.6 inches and includes two compartments for smartphones and other small items. The bag, finished in glossy white, is polypropene block-copolymer (PP-C), an extremely strong technical plastic that is also lightweight. Inside, it’s lined with durable EPDM foam with features straps to secure your laptop or tablet. Its smart locks secure your possessions with an audible “snap.”
It also meets all airline requirements, so you can take it with you just about anywhere. Continue reading »
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed
- 20 Winners Of The Greatest Photoshop Battles Ever
- Guy Finds Abandoned Graveyard Of Supercars In UAE
- Artist Reimagines 5 Disney Fathers As Real Dads, And They’re Hella Handsome
- This Artist Created Tentacle Leggings And People On Etsy Just Can’t Get Enough
- Vintage Men’s Magazine: Cool Pics Of Cavalier’s Beauties During The 1960s
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”