In a surprising piece of news, Lego has not missed out on an opportunity to embrace a massive mobile tech trend this year — folding smartphones. What, exactly, has the brick company come up with to take on the might of the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X? It’s the LEGO Fold, and like folding smartphones, the design has been heavily — and we mean heavily — influenced by a traditional book. Continue reading »
Armadillo-T, a foldable electric vehicle, folds up its rear at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in Daejeon, south of Seoul September 2, 2013.With a click on a smartphone, the experimental “Armadillo-T” electric car made in South Korea will park itself and fold nearly in half, freeing up space in crowded cities.
The quirky two-seater, named after the animal whose shell it resembles, may never see production but it is part of a trend of developing environmentally friendly vehicles for urban spaces. Picture taken September 2, 2013. Photos by Kim Hong-Ji/Reuters. Continue reading »
Ever wished you were cuter, lighter and more portable?
Foldable.Me lets you create 3D cardboard avatars of yourself or your friends. Customise them on http://foldable.me and they’ll be sent anywhere in the world. Foldable.Me launches on October 2nd 2012 – priced at $11.99 including free international delivery. Continue reading »
Dutch design studio Lijmbach, Leeuw & Vormgeving, a product design agency founded by Herman Lijmbach and Jasper de Leeuw, designed a foldable backpack inspired by an armadillo. The prototype was released a while back and finally, but now the backpack is available for purchase. If ever there was a product that could make you feel like a real-life ninja turtle, this is it.
The production version is slightly different from the prototype in that it now fits a laptop up to 15.6 inches and includes two compartments for smartphones and other small items. The bag, finished in glossy white, is polypropene block-copolymer (PP-C), an extremely strong technical plastic that is also lightweight. Inside, it’s lined with durable EPDM foam with features straps to secure your laptop or tablet. Its smart locks secure your possessions with an audible “snap.”
It also meets all airline requirements, so you can take it with you just about anywhere. Continue reading »
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- Artist Visualizes Freddie Mercury As The Protagonist Of Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- “Light & Shadow”: Dreamy Illustrations By Lê Long
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Striking Urban And Street Photography By Alfonso León