Finally, LEGO Announces Its Own Foldable Device , An Antidote To Folding Phone Mania
In a surprising piece of news, Lego has not missed out on an opportunity to embrace a massive mobile tech trend this year — folding smartphones. What, exactly, has the brick company come up with to take on the might of the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X? It’s the LEGO Fold, and like folding smartphones, the design has been heavily — and we mean heavily — influenced by a traditional book.
The LEGO Fold appeared on the company’s Twitter account, in a message letting us know it has a 5-inch cover display, and an 11-inch main view when unfolded. Describing it as showing “pop-up” visuals, we imagine it’s hinting at a 3D-like experience. The Galaxy Fold makes do with a 7.3-inch unfolded screen, while even the Huawei Mate X’s 8-inch screen will look small next to it.
Thanks, god, the LEGO Fold, as a folding smartphone, doesn’t exist. This is Lego poking fun at the mania surrounding folding smartphones, including the reference to Samsung’s Galaxy Fold promotional image, to cleverly show off its own folding product. The $70 LEGO Ideas Pop-up Book was released at the end of 2018, and is the first product of its type for the company.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- “Schoolgirl Nightmares”: Bizarre And Horror Paintings By Kazuhiro Hori
- Old Superheroes: Artist Shows How Superheroes Will Look When They Retire
- U-118, a World War One Submarine Washed Ashore on the Beach at Hastings, England
- McDonalds Opens A Tiny Restaurant For Bees
- Funny And Magnificent Caricature Illustrations By Tiago Hoisel