The Victorian era technically spanned from June 20, 1837, until Queen Victoria’s death on January 22, 1901. This was a rather peaceful time in the United Kingdom, and a romantic one as well, a change from the highly rational Georgian period that preceded it. Continue reading »
According to photographer Grace Chon: “I am an animal photographer named Grace Chon and these images are from my new photo series titled HAIRY.
I’ve always found before and after photos from dog grooming to be really funny. Usually it doesn’t even look like it’s the same dog in each photo! I had the idea of shooting a photo series that highlighted this extreme transformation. Each dog went way beyond their normal grooming schedule to grow their hair long and shaggy for the shoot. There’s something so funny to me about seeing a dog so shaggy that they can’t even see! I wanted the after photos to be really extreme by showing a type of cut that’s uncommon to most of us here in the United States. Continue reading »
Date-bait, The Perfecto, Wethead, The Dry Look, The Proto-Mullet, the Forward-Combed Boogiie and many more vintage hair dos and hair don’ts… Let’s have a look through some vintage barbershop and hair salon guides and see how folks were sculpting their hair in decades past. Continue reading »
Tennis star Maria Sharapova showed off a new, short haircut on her Facebook page on Monday night. Maria, who is engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, showed off the short ‘do to more than seven million Facebook fans. She is usually seen playing tennis with a long ponytail, but in the future will be showing off the more stylish look.
She posted the picture with the caption, “So what do you guys think? I kind of love it!” It seems that her fans agreed. The Facebook photo got more than 14,000 likes and 3,700 comments, as well as 492 shares as of Tuesday afternoon. Continue reading »
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Japanese Guy Absolutely Nails Anime Girl Cosplay, from Evangelion to Sailor Moon
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- Incredible Technologies From The Past That Just Look Odd Today
- Photographer Albert Dros Captures Beautiful Rural Landscapes of the Netherlands
- “Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden