The Victorian era technically spanned from June 20, 1837, until Queen Victoria’s death on January 22, 1901. This was a rather peaceful time in the United Kingdom, and a romantic one as well, a change from the highly rational Georgian period that preceded it. Continue reading »
According to photographer Grace Chon: “I am an animal photographer named Grace Chon and these images are from my new photo series titled HAIRY.
I’ve always found before and after photos from dog grooming to be really funny. Usually it doesn’t even look like it’s the same dog in each photo! I had the idea of shooting a photo series that highlighted this extreme transformation. Each dog went way beyond their normal grooming schedule to grow their hair long and shaggy for the shoot. There’s something so funny to me about seeing a dog so shaggy that they can’t even see! I wanted the after photos to be really extreme by showing a type of cut that’s uncommon to most of us here in the United States. Continue reading »
Date-bait, The Perfecto, Wethead, The Dry Look, The Proto-Mullet, the Forward-Combed Boogiie and many more vintage hair dos and hair don’ts… Let’s have a look through some vintage barbershop and hair salon guides and see how folks were sculpting their hair in decades past. Continue reading »
Tennis star Maria Sharapova showed off a new, short haircut on her Facebook page on Monday night. Maria, who is engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, showed off the short ‘do to more than seven million Facebook fans. She is usually seen playing tennis with a long ponytail, but in the future will be showing off the more stylish look.
She posted the picture with the caption, “So what do you guys think? I kind of love it!” It seems that her fans agreed. The Facebook photo got more than 14,000 likes and 3,700 comments, as well as 492 shares as of Tuesday afternoon. Continue reading »
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- The Brilliant, Provocative Trump Ad That Had Cannes And Social Media Buzzing
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari