The Victorian era technically spanned from June 20, 1837, until Queen Victoria’s death on January 22, 1901. This was a rather peaceful time in the United Kingdom, and a romantic one as well, a change from the highly rational Georgian period that preceded it. Continue reading »
According to photographer Grace Chon: “I am an animal photographer named Grace Chon and these images are from my new photo series titled HAIRY.
I’ve always found before and after photos from dog grooming to be really funny. Usually it doesn’t even look like it’s the same dog in each photo! I had the idea of shooting a photo series that highlighted this extreme transformation. Each dog went way beyond their normal grooming schedule to grow their hair long and shaggy for the shoot. There’s something so funny to me about seeing a dog so shaggy that they can’t even see! I wanted the after photos to be really extreme by showing a type of cut that’s uncommon to most of us here in the United States. Continue reading »
Date-bait, The Perfecto, Wethead, The Dry Look, The Proto-Mullet, the Forward-Combed Boogiie and many more vintage hair dos and hair don’ts… Let’s have a look through some vintage barbershop and hair salon guides and see how folks were sculpting their hair in decades past. Continue reading »
Tennis star Maria Sharapova showed off a new, short haircut on her Facebook page on Monday night. Maria, who is engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, showed off the short ‘do to more than seven million Facebook fans. She is usually seen playing tennis with a long ponytail, but in the future will be showing off the more stylish look.
She posted the picture with the caption, “So what do you guys think? I kind of love it!” It seems that her fans agreed. The Facebook photo got more than 14,000 likes and 3,700 comments, as well as 492 shares as of Tuesday afternoon. Continue reading »
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon