7 Dogs Before And After Japanese Grooming
According to photographer Grace Chon: “I am an animal photographer named Grace Chon and these images are from my new photo series titled HAIRY.
I’ve always found before and after photos from dog grooming to be really funny. Usually it doesn’t even look like it’s the same dog in each photo! I had the idea of shooting a photo series that highlighted this extreme transformation. Each dog went way beyond their normal grooming schedule to grow their hair long and shaggy for the shoot. There’s something so funny to me about seeing a dog so shaggy that they can’t even see! I wanted the after photos to be really extreme by showing a type of cut that’s uncommon to most of us here in the United States.
All the dogs have been groomed in a Japanese grooming style, which doesn’t follow the usual breed standard cuts and rules for grooming that we’re used to seeing. Rather, the emphasis is on making the dog look as adorable as possible – cute on steroids- by highlighting the uniquely cute characteristics of the dog. These cuts are works of art – each haircut takes hours as the majority of the styling is all done with hand scissoring. All the dogs in the series were groomed by the incredibly talented groomers from Healthy Spot in Los Angeles, CA. Many of the groomers there specialize in this style of cut and have been trained by masters from Japan.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Meet Amina Ependieva – A Chechen Girl Who Is Admired For Her Unusual Beauty
- Before Tesla, There Was Anadol, Legendary Turkish Dune Buggy
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- Olympus Mons – The Largest Volcano in The Solar System
- “Pathologic”: Imaginative, Bizarre and Otherworldy Paintings of Peter Ferguson
- These Beautiful 16th Century Watercolors Illustrate the History of Comets And Meteors
- These Are the World’s Oldest Masks Ever Discovered, And Are Estimated to Be 9000 Years Old
- A McDonald’s in New Zealand Lets Diners Eat Inside a Decommissioned Airplane
- A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians