Golden Retrievers are known for their sweet temperament and patience with children, and this post on Imgur is a true testament to those characteristics. Continue reading »
Will Rosner and a playful humpback whale pose for a selfie. This man is certainly knows how to enjoy life travelling the South Pacific and posing for selfies with a whale.
Australian carpenter Will Rosner from Sydney, Australia, has been travelling the world for the past 18 months but nothing could have prepared him for this incredible postcard moment. Swimming in the pristine waters of the Tonga in the Pacific Ocean Will was lucky enough to have the chance to swim with an entire pod of humpback whales. Continue reading »
U.S. Rep Steve Southerland grins after winning an auctioned possum during the Wausau Possum Festival on Saturday, August 2, 2014, in Wausau, Fla. What is usually a must-attend event for statewide candidates was notably lacking of them this year, perhaps because candidates who now raise tens of millions of dollars focus more on television ads than making personal contact. But not attending is a missed opportunity, said Susan MacManus, a University of South Florida political science professor who drove more than 350 miles for the festival. (Photo by Heather Leiphart/AP Photo/The News Herald)
Continue reading »
“That’s the only way to show how we really are” – sweaty, exhausted, but happy, actress and singer Juliette Lewis said about the idea of a photo collection capturing musicians moments after a concert. Photographer Matthias Willi and journalist Olivier Joliat have persuaded about 100 bands to take part in their “The Moment After the Show” project since 2005.
“The Moment After the Show”: Juliette Lewis of The Licks. (Photo by Matthias Willi/Olivier Joliat/The Moment After The Show) Continue reading »
A captivating series of photos appear to show a family of baby brown bears dancing to Ring a Ring o’ Roses as their mother relaxes behind a tree nearby. At just a few months old, two young males and one female gather in a circle, clutch each others’ hands and looks as if they are dancing to the popular nursery rhyme. It’s almost like a scene from a school play. Continue reading »
The dramatic moment an exhausted pet dog was plucked from a frozen lake after falling through the ice has been caught on camera. Firefighter Sean Coyle risked his own safety to venture out on to frozen Pleasure Bay off Castle Island in South Boston during the rescue. Sylvie, a 13-year-old husky, had plunged into the frigid water during her morning walk.
Firefighter Sean Coyle uses a basket to slide out to Sylvie, a 13 year old Husky. (Boston Herald/Polaris) Continue reading »
A collection of spectacular photographs have shown the moment the U.S. side of the famous falls froze before they could reach the bottom. The ‘unprecedented’ amounts of ice in the upper Niagara River, caused by the freezing conditions, caused a so-called ice jam and in turn flooding on Grand Island and Cayuga Island in Niagara Falls.
According to historical records, during only one year, 1848, has freezing weather caused the thousands of cubic feet of water per second flowing over the Niagara Falls to run dry, an event thought to have been caused by ice jamming and damming upriver. Continue reading »
- The ‘I’m Tired’ Project Tackles Discrimination With Body Art
- Rare Vintage Photos Of The Timberline Lodge, Stanley Kubrick’s Film Inspiration For “The Shining”, In 1921
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Stunning Photos Show What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were African American
- Photographers Turn Their Homes Into Cameras To Portray Life During Coronavirus Times
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Artists Transform People Into The Spitting Image Of Their Icons
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored