Scale is a vital component to understanding our world, without it, we exist in the abstract. SoP is an investigation. Through disciplines of art, design, photography, science, technology, landscape and architecture, we hope to understand how scale can not only be emphasized to convey meaning, but be a departure point for creation. Continue reading »
Saatchi & Saatchi Bulgaria has launched a powerful print campaign for Audi to encourage people to “leave your phone while you drive.” The advertisements aim to pinpoint how using your phone can warp your perception of distances while you’re on the road. Continue reading »
The Daily Overview is a project that celebrates our planet and aims to highlight human impact through stunning aerial shots of locations around the globe. Considering that its central focus is on Earth, you might be surprised to learn that the inspiration for this venture initially began in outer space. Founder Benjamin Grant began thinking about this idea when he found out about the “overview effect”, an experience shared by astronauts who have just seen Earth for the first time as a tiny, blue sphere surrounded by darkness.
Hạlong Bay, located in the Quảng Ninh Province of Vietnam, is a stunningly beautiful destination. Here, towering limestone pillars and tiny islands topped by a rich, green forest rise from the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. Halong translates as ‘where the dragon descends into the sea’ and local legend suggests that this seascape was created when a great mountain dragon charged towards the coast, its flailing tail gouging out the valleys and crevasses in its path. Continue reading »
Photo by Jay Weinstein
During a trip to Bikaner in India, photographer Jay Weinstein was near a train station when a man on the street caught his eye. Weinstein was keen to photograph the man but stopped short due to the subject’s stern and intimidating façade. After avoiding him and proceeding to capture other subjects, the man called out to Weinstein, saying, “Take my picture too!” Continue reading »
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Before The Great Clean-Up Began, Here Is Another Side Of New York In The 1970s That You May Never Know
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- Pregnant Woman Poses With 20,000 Live Bees For Crazy Maternity Photoshoot
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Amazing Portraits Of Louis Coulon And His 11-Foot Beard As A Nest For His Cats