After seeing a man in his 60s wearing a leather harness dancing at a gay club, photographer Muir Vidler realised he wanted to celebrate the people that never let their age define who they are. From the ‘world’s most-tattooed senior woman’ to a Jurassic mod, here are his band of rebels. Continue reading »
Meet Colombia’s FARC Rebels Preparing For Peace After More Than Half-Century Of Conflict With Government
This August 13, 2016 photo shows two portraits of Yeimi, one of her holding a weapon in uniform for the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) 48th front, and in civilian clothing at a guerrilla camp in the southern jungle of Putumayo, Colombia. Yeimi, 23, said she has spent 10 years with the FARC and would like to study systems after demobilizing as part of a peace deal with Colombia’s government. An October 2 national referendum will give voters the chance to approve the deal for ending a half-century of political violence that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and driven millions from their homes. Continue reading »
A Libyan rebel fighter walks inside the house of Saif al-Islam, son of Libyan fugitive leader Moammar Gadhafi in Tripoli. Normal life began returning to the Libyan capital Tripoli, almost a week after rebels swept into the city. (Ciro Fusco / EPA) Continue reading »
Starting on Friday, November 13, 1998, 178 trees were wrapped with 55,000 square meters (592,034 square feet) of woven polyester fabric (used every winter in Japan to protect the trees from frost and heavy snow) and 23.1 kilometers (14.35 miles) of rope. The wrapping was completed on November 22.
Christo and Jeanne-Claude have created art together as partners for more than 4 decades. They are married and have a son, Cyril, born in 1960, who is a published poet and writer. Christo and Jeanne-Claude conceive of the projects together. Then Christo makes drawings, scale-models and other preparatory art of the artwork. Christo and Jeanne-Claude sell directly to art collectors, museums and art dealers.
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- 16 Moms Who’re Proud Of Their Perfect Imperfections
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- A Horror–mad Seven-Year-Old Girl Has Ditched Disney Princesses to Recreate Scenes from Gory Films Such as The Exorcist and Chucky