After seeing a man in his 60s wearing a leather harness dancing at a gay club, photographer Muir Vidler realised he wanted to celebrate the people that never let their age define who they are. From the ‘world’s most-tattooed senior woman’ to a Jurassic mod, here are his band of rebels. Continue reading »
Meet Colombia’s FARC Rebels Preparing For Peace After More Than Half-Century Of Conflict With Government
This August 13, 2016 photo shows two portraits of Yeimi, one of her holding a weapon in uniform for the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) 48th front, and in civilian clothing at a guerrilla camp in the southern jungle of Putumayo, Colombia. Yeimi, 23, said she has spent 10 years with the FARC and would like to study systems after demobilizing as part of a peace deal with Colombia’s government. An October 2 national referendum will give voters the chance to approve the deal for ending a half-century of political violence that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and driven millions from their homes. Continue reading »
A Libyan rebel fighter walks inside the house of Saif al-Islam, son of Libyan fugitive leader Moammar Gadhafi in Tripoli. Normal life began returning to the Libyan capital Tripoli, almost a week after rebels swept into the city. (Ciro Fusco / EPA) Continue reading »
Starting on Friday, November 13, 1998, 178 trees were wrapped with 55,000 square meters (592,034 square feet) of woven polyester fabric (used every winter in Japan to protect the trees from frost and heavy snow) and 23.1 kilometers (14.35 miles) of rope. The wrapping was completed on November 22.
Christo and Jeanne-Claude have created art together as partners for more than 4 decades. They are married and have a son, Cyril, born in 1960, who is a published poet and writer. Christo and Jeanne-Claude conceive of the projects together. Then Christo makes drawings, scale-models and other preparatory art of the artwork. Christo and Jeanne-Claude sell directly to art collectors, museums and art dealers.
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- This Guy Transformed A 1961 VW Beetle Deluxe Into A Black Matte Roadster