According to Kostis Pavlou: “Comic book and cartoon characters are an integral part of our lives. We grew up with them, loved them, made them friends, and in some cases still enjoy their company. We have learned to recognize them immediately by their voice, some of their special features (big ears, funny noses, etc.), and even by their dress. Continue reading »
At the very beginning, people developed architecture according to their needs. Protection from the elements and other dangers was the main reason for building a shelter. Over time, other aspects became important too, like seeing from inside the house, being more comfortable, the house looking better. The city also became part of the home. Interior and exterior design became more and more important.
Due to lack of knowledge and materials, the houses were stumpy, the windows were small, walls thick and crooked. However, people learned. The windows became bigger, the walls – slicker, and the overall design – more elegant and beautiful.
SSo what would be the next step in home design? These designers asked the same question and created a series of CG renderings to renovate six old houses from the 21st century, using current and future house design trends.
An Icelandic turf house consists of a wooden frame stuffed with blocks of turf (grass still embedded in the earth) on a stone foundation. Only the front around the doorway is bared. The entrance leads to a big hall (sometimes via an antechamber) with a firepit in the middle. Our renovated turf house complex plays with the ‘badly hidden’ appearance of traditional turf houses, which seem to sink back into the landscape. The steel-frame dome looks partly natural yet completely alien. Panels of turf and timber alternate with glass windows, using reflections to create an improbable, angular mound of grass, wood, and… clouds! In a subtler touch, the wooden planks that form the facades have been rearranged at decorative angles. Continue reading »
Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
Egyptian Ahmed Morshedi is an art director by profession and creates some very interesting art as well. Continue reading »
Graphic designer Zoran Cardula from Macedonia, Skopje, in his own way paid tribute to the Yugoslav design, and some of the most popular brands and visuals from the time of the former state. Continue reading »
Design student Jessica Stoll, from Arizona State University, has created a packaging redesign concept for McDonald’s Big Mac, which not only looks like a delightful Happy Meal for adults, but also reduces mess when eating on-the-go. Continue reading »
This year, Absolut looks to the future and makes a new mark by introducing a freshly redesigned bottle – an icon for the future made by a passionate group of creatives who push boundaries in their pursuit of perfection. Continue reading »
Let’s have a look at IBM’s new high tech office buildings in Rome, Italy. They’ve been entirely renovated and largely expanded to give this amazing futuristic-like environment full of LEDs. Continue reading »
Cool mashup idea of Las Fg project and its creator Gabriel Medeiros – pick a flag and redesign it the way you want. Try, it’s fun.
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers