Western United States In The 1960s: Colorful Life In The American West 50 Years Ago Through Amazing Found Photos
These amazing found slides captured colorful life in the American West during the 1960s. Continue reading »
The barren landscapes of the south-western US provided inspiration for photographer David Clapp. He visited Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona as part of his project on other-worldy locations, with surreal results.
A yucca plant at moonrise in the sand of White Sand National Monument in Alamogordo, New Mexico. (Photo by David Clapp/Barcroft Images) Continue reading »
Pilot Jassen Todorov from San Francisco spent three weeks flying across eight states in a 1976 Piper Warrior plane to capture the this shots – from deep craters in Arizona’s red desert and the swamps and wetlands in Florida and Louisiana, that look like they could be on alien planets, to freeways and stretches of suburban Texas. Continue reading »
U.S.A. (burnt/unburnt) is a 2011 installation by Paris-based artist Claire Fontaine constructed from thousands of green matches that were inserted into a wall at the Portland Institute for Contemporary Art as part art of “Evidence of Bricks” at the 2011 Time-Based Art Festival. Fontaine has made somewhat of a name for herself with her match installations and flaming geography, most recently completing a similar U.S.A. map at Queens Nails Gallery in San Francisco. Unlike the installation in Portland above, the Queens Nails artwork was actually set on fire, and while it may not have gone exactly as intended, the final post-flame artwork is impressive nonetheless. Photographs for PICA by Dan Kvitka. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Vintage Portraits of Björk in the 1980s
- For the Last Decade, Artist and Collector Thomas Sauvin Recovered Discarded Negatives from A Recycling Plant Outside Beijing
- Stunning Photographs of Debbie Harry Painted by H.R. Giger, the Creator of “Alien”
- The Superb Comics About Silly Things And Weird Situations By Will Santino
- Abandoned Floating Submarine Base PB-24. The Only One Located In Russia.
- Cthulhu Turkey: It’s a Turkey Stuffed With Octopus That People Actually Make
- This Brush You Hold With Your Mouth Lets You Lick Your Cat
- Amazing Photographs of Auto Transporters From the 1970s and 1980s
- Statues Have Started To Attack People!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s