Époque Chair: past eras of design, beautifully blended into a modern seat
Launching Époque, Eftwelve introduces a chair unique in form, dimensions and material.
The Époque is a fresh chair by Dutch designer Wybren van Keulen. The curves and sharp folds of this design reminisce of times passed. Époque brings together several eras of design, beautifully blended into a modern seat.
Époque, chair of contrasts, unites times past in a refreshingly new design. Back rest, seat and legs all blend seamlessly in a single piece. Hand made in fiberglass reinforced resin, the chair is made to last yet surprisingly lightweight. A high gloss finish gives the product its classy look. Available in white, black, and all RAL colors, its fluid curves and sharp lines make a statement in your interior, on the patio or even a beach club deck.
Designing Époque, studied choices were made in form, comfort, material and the ability to actually produce the chair. The end product is a chair you can tell apart by its unique form and unconventional dimensions, both contributing to a surprisingly active yet easy seat.
The lines and curves in the design originated in a 3D design. 3D printing formed an indispensable reality check. Several life size prototypes helped balance the elements for the perfect posture.
The final mold was milled on a computer controlled robot arm. Creating each Époque chair is a skilled piece of handwork done by an experienced workshop operating since the 1970s. Forming each chair takes around five hours of delicate preparation, laminating and finishing.
Designer: Wybren van Keulen.
Material: fiberglass, single shell.
Finish: high gloss top, satin bottom, UV and weather proof.
Useage: indoor as well as outdoor, stackable.
Dimensions: 72 cm wide, 62 cm deep, 64 cm high, seat hight at 27 cm.
Editions: white (€ 690), black (€ 690) and RAL colors (€ 730)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- “I Paint Big B”: The Fantasy Beauties of Zumi
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- The Cute Anime Girls by Illustrator Ryota
- A Beautiful Photo Series of Audi F103
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper
- Insidious Goblins, Cute Elves, and Magic: The Gathering Cards – Fantasy Art by Jesper Ejsing
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles