Red Bull Soapbox Race Speeds into London 2013
Red Bull racers – soapboxes including a Beatles-inspired yellow submarine, a police car and a black cab are taken for a test drive ahead of the Red Bull Soapbox race at Alexandra Palace, London on 14 July. The vehicles, which each took three weeks to make, are made from BMX bicycle wheels and a steel axel steering mechanism. They were customized using plywood, polystyrene and cardboard tubing, and are covered in coloured plastazote foam with details such as number plates and other branding created using vinyl.
After a nine year hiatus, the world’s wackiest road race returns as 70 human-powered soapboxes compete for glory as part of a festival of music and fun. Entrants include a loaf of bread baked to soapbox size, Elvis’ blue suede shoe and a Royal baby carriage. Off the race track, there will be plenty of action to keep the crowds entertained including face painting, ‘people pit-stops’ and live music from DJs.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Winning Photos Of Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2021
- This Couple Decided To Take Their Engagement Photos At The Grocery Store They Shop At, And The End Result Might Make You Smile
- Shai-Hulud and Dream Worlds: Fantasy Illustrations by Marc Simonetti
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- This Man Has a Damn Creepy Collection of Anatomical Exhibits
- Dreams and Fear: The Epic Illustrations by Alexey Yegorov
- Cat Protection From Mind Control With Tin Foil Hats