A Life-size Human Skull out of Cocaine
A Dutch artist has fashioned a human skull out of cocaine by moulding the street-sourced class A drug mixed with gelatin.
The piece, entitled Ecce Animal, is the work of mysterious artist Diddo who says he was commissioned to make the artwork, although is prohibited from disclosing further details. Diddo says he did not personally test the cocaine but employed a laboratory to analyse the drug bought from a street dealer. They found it was between 15 per cent to 20 per cent pure and had been cut with caffeine, paracetamol and sugar.
Diddo studied Media Design at the School of Arts Utrecht, NL and acquired a Masters Degree in European Media Design from the University of Portsmouth, UK in 2001.
Diddo, 36, explains: ‘Ecce Animal is not intended to be parable on the self-destructiveness of addiction or substance abuse. Instead, it’s the focal point for a thought process.
‘I don’t want to over-intellectualise, but it’s the fusion of two icons (skull and cocaine) that provokes thought and discussion on the nature of man. Specifically, about his creation of, and participation in, a society which echoes his own tendency to lose control.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Photos: Rex Features
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- This Underwater Observatory in Lake Zug in Switzerland Looks Like a Real Life ‘Truman Show’ Door
- Italian Artist Giulia Bernardelli Turns Spilled Coffee Into Art
- Mira Petrova’s Illustrations Will Make You Think About Your Waste
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office