A Life-size Human Skull out of Cocaine
A Dutch artist has fashioned a human skull out of cocaine by moulding the street-sourced class A drug mixed with gelatin.
The piece, entitled Ecce Animal, is the work of mysterious artist Diddo who says he was commissioned to make the artwork, although is prohibited from disclosing further details. Diddo says he did not personally test the cocaine but employed a laboratory to analyse the drug bought from a street dealer. They found it was between 15 per cent to 20 per cent pure and had been cut with caffeine, paracetamol and sugar.
Diddo studied Media Design at the School of Arts Utrecht, NL and acquired a Masters Degree in European Media Design from the University of Portsmouth, UK in 2001.
Diddo, 36, explains: ‘Ecce Animal is not intended to be parable on the self-destructiveness of addiction or substance abuse. Instead, it’s the focal point for a thought process.
‘I don’t want to over-intellectualise, but it’s the fusion of two icons (skull and cocaine) that provokes thought and discussion on the nature of man. Specifically, about his creation of, and participation in, a society which echoes his own tendency to lose control.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Photos: Rex Features
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- The Elegance of The Dark Side: Stunning Sculptures of Dom Qwek
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- “Bury Me In a Donut”: Colorful Coffins Lighten Mood at New Zealand Funerals