A Life-size Human Skull out of Cocaine
A Dutch artist has fashioned a human skull out of cocaine by moulding the street-sourced class A drug mixed with gelatin.
The piece, entitled Ecce Animal, is the work of mysterious artist Diddo who says he was commissioned to make the artwork, although is prohibited from disclosing further details. Diddo says he did not personally test the cocaine but employed a laboratory to analyse the drug bought from a street dealer. They found it was between 15 per cent to 20 per cent pure and had been cut with caffeine, paracetamol and sugar.
Diddo studied Media Design at the School of Arts Utrecht, NL and acquired a Masters Degree in European Media Design from the University of Portsmouth, UK in 2001.
Diddo, 36, explains: ‘Ecce Animal is not intended to be parable on the self-destructiveness of addiction or substance abuse. Instead, it’s the focal point for a thought process.
‘I don’t want to over-intellectualise, but it’s the fusion of two icons (skull and cocaine) that provokes thought and discussion on the nature of man. Specifically, about his creation of, and participation in, a society which echoes his own tendency to lose control.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Photos: Rex Features
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Men’s Fashion 2021 Collection
- Photographer Monica Carvalho Combines Like Objects into Surreal Photo Manipulations
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Zombie Engagement Photos Capture Undying Love
- Teach Yourself to Draw with The Help of The Man Who Influenced Walt Disney, 1913
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Spent 50 Hour Process of Folding an Origami Samurai from A Single Square Sheet of Paper
- Cthulhu Turkey: It’s a Turkey Stuffed With Octopus That People Actually Make
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s