Students in Blood and Guts Fight in Empty Pool
Picture the scene. 150 people, an empty swimming pool and loads of fake blood and guts, on October 18, 2013 in Dagenham, England. Cue bloody hands flinging gore, guts and entrails at each other, all captured in a glorious high-definition video – it’s mobile network giffgaff’s latest offering to celebrate Halloween in a different way. Run by its members, giffgaff is a different way of doing mobile, and being different takes guts. Inspired by the infamous and spectacularly fun La Tomatina Spanish tomato fight, giffgaff’s brave and battle-ready volunteers used fake blood and guts to create a bloody but entertaining mess. Intestines whizz through the air like barbaric slingshots and dismembered eyeballs are hurled into the fray with the dramatic action caught on camera by directors Jonas & Francois (who’ve created music videos for Justice, Kanye West, Iggy Azalea, Madonna and many others). The gory clash is set to “Walk of Shame”, the new track from hot LA rock duo Deap Valley.
To mark Halloween, 150 teens descended upon a swimming pool in Essex to help mobile network giffgaff recreate the famous Tomatina tomato fight… only this time, with blood and guts. Different takes #giffgaffguts. On October 18, 2013 in Dagenham, England. Photos by Dave J. Hogan/Getty Images for giffgaff.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Minimalistic Illustrations That Tackle Mental Health By “Worry Lines”
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Winter Is Coming, So Please Enjoy This Insane 1980s Book Of Knitted Sweaters
- Beautiful Portraits Of Rare And Endangered Birds That Look Simply Stunning
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People