Greeting Cards For Momentous Occasions In The Lives Of The LGBTQ Community
We’re an independent greeting card/paper company based in Toronto, Canada and a few months ago we realized that the greeting card industry is kind of hugely lacking in one department – cards for LGBTQ occasions and events. I mean, you can find the generic “Here come the brides” and “Congrats to the Mr. and Mr.” but what about cards for all the other moments when we need encouragement, or support or congratulations?
Our cards fill that void. We’re calling them #cardsforallies – be it LGBTQ allies or straight allies, they are cards to give to those you support. We really hope that these cards can reach those that need them, and are available to help specifically LGBTQ youth know that they are not alone.
One of the things we’re certain about, is that our experiences and the experiences of those close to us do not sum up what it means to be part of the LGBTQ community. This is a start – but we’re so excited to talk to more people in our community (across the world!) to expand on what’s available.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- Before The Great Clean-Up Began, Here Is Another Side Of New York In The 1970s That You May Never Know
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Vintage Photographs Of People Posing With Job Hunting Signs On The Streets During The Great Depression
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Amazing Portraits Of Louis Coulon And His 11-Foot Beard As A Nest For His Cats
- Artist Imagines Famous Cartoon Characters With Human Bodies And The Result Is Bizarre