Photographer Pierre-Louis Ferrer Shows Viewers The Beauty Of France, Shooting The Country In Infrared
Pierre-Louis Ferrer’s images are as enchanting as they are intriguing, displaying a whole new variation of color in shrubs, grass and trees, as well as famous landmarks. In some of Ferrer’s works, the foliage is an eye-catching canary yellow – a stark contrast to the more normal shades in the remainder of the images. In other works, whole forests glow red, giving the French countryside an otherworldly look.
Pierre-Louis Ferrer’s images are as enchanting as they are intriguing, showing a whole new variation of coloring in shrubbery, grass and trees – as well as in famous landmarks. In some of Ferrer’s works, the foliage is an eye-catching canary yellow – a stark contrast to the more normal shades of the remainder of the images. In others, iwhole forests glow red, giving the French countryside an otherworldly look.
The 30-year-old Paris-based photographer discovered infrared photography in 2010 while he was in engineering school. Traveling the country, Ferrer shot several miniseries in this medium: “Red Pines”, in the Alps; “Golden Perigord”, in the southwest of France, and his latest, “Invisible Paris”, in the nation’s capital.
Ferrer said: “I really like the fact that I can reveal an alternative reality, which is physically real but that we cannot see with our eyes. I also like the dreamy effect given by this technique, and the importance given to nature thanks to the properties of foliage.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Japanese Cats Love Nothing More In The World Than Watching Farmer Next Door Plant His Rice
- Life-Size Cardboard Figures By Warren King
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms