Vintage Photographs Document the Defiant Street Styles Of Swiss Rebel Youth From The Late 1950s Through The ’60s
Karlheinz Weinberger (1921-2006). Living in Zurich, Switzerland, Weinberger was a self-taught “amateur” photographer whose day job working in a factory warehouse allowed him to pursue photography seriously in his free time. In the late 1940s Weinberger began to publish his pictures for a gay magazine using the pseudonym of Jim, and later was a freelance photographer for a Swiss sports magazine. Working in relative obscurity, Weinberger produced all the prints featured in this exhibition in his home darkroom, and these have remained inaccessible until recent years.
Continue reading »
The 2017 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year contest is now accepting submissions. We’re looking for spectacular pictures that tell the story of animals, lands, and environments around the world. The deadline to enter is November 17 at 12 p.m. EST.
This photo was made in my hometown, called Thiersee, a small village in the heart of the Alps (Tyrol, Austria). I had to wait till the lake thiersee, which is frozen all the wintertime, begins to melt in spring.Just for a few days you can see these natural patterns in the melting ice. But not without a drone. So I told my daughter to make a boat trip with her red kayak. Till now nobody in my hometown tell me how the patterns grow. (Because nobody know that they exist). (Photo and caption by Stefan Thaler/National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year contest)
Continue reading »
Psychedelic Smoothie – Food Artist Rachel Lorton Imagines Ultra-Colorful Vegan Creations, And They Are Pretty Amazing!
Here are the ultra-colorful vegan creations from Rachel Lorton, who composes her smoothies as psychedelic artworks! In line with the beautiful vegan creations of Naturally.Jo, this young American creates vegan smoothie bowls exclusively based on fruits and natural ingredients, creating compositions with impressive colors, and apparently without using artificial colors.
Continue reading »
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- The Family Dog Was Considered In The Design Of This Toronto House
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Artist Creates Impressive Sculptures From Marble That Look Surprisingly Light
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- Reimagining The Simpsons’ Home In 8 Popular Architectural Styles
- Incredible Ice Sculptures By Darren Jackson
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Illustrator Imagines What Stranger Things Characters Are Doing Now, 33 Years Later
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- The Ultimate Humorous & NSFW Photo Guide Of Mormon Missionary Positions
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- “Autumn At The Lake”: These Stunning Photos Will Remind You Of Wonderland
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
- Beautiful And Never Seen Vintage Soviet ‘Antonov’ Plane Ads
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Australian Bureau Of Meteorology’s 2018 Calendar