Just Before It Was Destroyed By Fire, These Amazing Photos Captured The Cliff House In The Early 1900s
The famous Cliff House of San Francisco was built in 1863 by Senator John Buckley and C. C. Butler. Later it was turned into a restaurant with a breathtaking view. Continue reading »
Hayri Atak Architectural Design Studio has designed a concept for a boutique hotel within a cliff edge in Norway that includes a cantilevered glass swimming pool. Continue reading »
A five storey modular home clings to the side of a cliff in this conceptual design by Modscape. Entitled the Cliff House, the modular design is a theoretical response to clients who have approached Modscape to explore design options for building modular homes in Australia on extreme parcels of coastal land. Continue reading »
Climbers on the iconic Bastille in Eldorado Canyon deal with heavy winds, pouring rain and temperatures that can rise and fall by as much as 40 degrees in August. As prepped as they might be, they could likely use an extra layer or two on their way to the top of this picturesque mountain outside Boulder, Colorado. Continue reading »
In this handout image provided by Red Bull, Artem Silchenko of Russia dives from the 27 metre platform at Maya Bay in the Andaman Sea during the final stop of the 2013 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series on October 22, 2013 at Phi Phi Island, Thailand. (Photo by Samo Vidic/Red Bull via Getty Images) Continue reading »
A hotel set to be built in Peru has been designed to look like a giant, off-center picture frame.
The cliff-hugging structure, designed for a private client by Madrid-based architecture firm OOIIO, will serve as the perfect frame for the Pacific Ocean on one side, and the Andes on the other. Provisionally named the Unbalanced Hotel, the building is intended to become a landmark for Lima, where it will be built into cliffs outside the city center. The Unbalanced Hotel will have 125 rooms, restaurants, conference rooms and exhibition spaces.
A hotel ‘constructed in a traditional way would be a visual barrier… that could block the ocean view,’ according to the OOIIO website. ‘Thanks to [the hotel’s] peculiar shape, the landscape is now even more relevant – we have framed it!’ The design was commissioned by a private South American client but the plans have yet to be approved by city planners. Continue reading »
The Titlis Cliff Walk in the Swiss Alps took five months to build and is thought to be Europe’s highest suspension bridge, at a stomach-turning 9,800 ft (3,000 m) above sea level. Continue reading »
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Polish Designer Livia Clue Bringing Slavic Ethno Into Modern Fashion, It’s Great!
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- “Wilhelm Brasse’ Mugshots”: Photographer Took Up To 50,000 Chilling Photos In Auschwitz For The Nazis During World War II
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today