‘The World’s Most Remote Pop-Up Shop’ Handed Out Gear 300 Feet Up A Sheer Cliff
Climbers on the iconic Bastille in Eldorado Canyon deal with heavy winds, pouring rain and temperatures that can rise and fall by as much as 40 degrees in August. As prepped as they might be, they could likely use an extra layer or two on their way to the top of this picturesque mountain outside Boulder, Colorado.
Enter the world’s most remote pop-up, dubbed Cliffside Shop and manned from sunrise to sunset by a fellow climber handing out hoodies, socks and other gear to anyone who needs it. The price may be free, but it does require you to climb 300 feet to a shop that juts out from the sheer face of the mountain.
The idea came from WIP as part of the agency’s pitch about six months ago to work with 37.5, which is found in brands like Carhhart, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Bahama and Bauer. It took roughly six weeks to fabricate the 6-by-10-foot shop, built around a cantilevered ledge. Once it was fully assembled, the store was pulled up on ropes by expert climbers and latched onto the mountain.
The two-day stunt, from Work in Progress for advanced materials company 37.5 Technology, took place earlier this month and provided jackets, fleece and other weather protection to about 70 climbers. Intended to make a big public splash for a little-known marketer, the shop also tried to take the concept of pop-ups to, um, new heights.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- This Lithuanian Woman Has The Greatest Facebook Profile Pictures Ever
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen
- Photographer Forms Landscapes Using Just Human Bodies And The Result Looks Majestic
- Photographer Michal Zahornacky Creates Minimalistic Architectural Collages Inspired By The Current Pandemic Situation
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photo vs Art: Russian Artist Turns Celebrities Into Adorable Cartoon Characters
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At