‘The World’s Most Remote Pop-Up Shop’ Handed Out Gear 300 Feet Up A Sheer Cliff
Climbers on the iconic Bastille in Eldorado Canyon deal with heavy winds, pouring rain and temperatures that can rise and fall by as much as 40 degrees in August. As prepped as they might be, they could likely use an extra layer or two on their way to the top of this picturesque mountain outside Boulder, Colorado.
Enter the world’s most remote pop-up, dubbed Cliffside Shop and manned from sunrise to sunset by a fellow climber handing out hoodies, socks and other gear to anyone who needs it. The price may be free, but it does require you to climb 300 feet to a shop that juts out from the sheer face of the mountain.
The idea came from WIP as part of the agency’s pitch about six months ago to work with 37.5, which is found in brands like Carhhart, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Bahama and Bauer. It took roughly six weeks to fabricate the 6-by-10-foot shop, built around a cantilevered ledge. Once it was fully assembled, the store was pulled up on ropes by expert climbers and latched onto the mountain.
The two-day stunt, from Work in Progress for advanced materials company 37.5 Technology, took place earlier this month and provided jackets, fleece and other weather protection to about 70 climbers. Intended to make a big public splash for a little-known marketer, the shop also tried to take the concept of pop-ups to, um, new heights.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Magnificent NSFW Beauty Photography By Stepan Kvardakov
- Spectacular Winners Of The Hasselblad Masters Award 2018
- “Butcher Billy’s Tales Of The Unexpected Black Mirrors”: The Episodes Of Season 4 Turned Into Vintage Comics
- Photographer Captures Intimate And Unguarded Portraits Of Porn Stars
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- From Australia With Love – Beauty Photography By Chris Dwyer
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- The Best Photographs Of 2017 – By The People Who Shot Them
- 30 Captivating Historical Photographs Which You Need To See
- Here’s What’s Happening Outside Of Famous Music Album Covers
- Turbo-Reactive Diesel-Punk: Flying Retro Cars By Alejandro Burdisio
- Meet Elena Deligioz, Probably The Most Beautiful Female Cosplay Soldier In The World
- Norwegian Artist Nikolai Lockertsen Creates Amazing Concept Art By Using iPad As A Canvas
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By Kevin Mathison
- 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered In Block Of Ice In Antarctica
- Snowlandia – World’s Largest Snow Labyrinth Opens In Poland
- This Modern Cat Tree Designed To Feel Your Cats At Anytime
- These Neon-Soaked Cityscapes Make South Africa Look Like Hong Kong
- Retro Photos In WTF Style
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- This Guy Bought A Giant Plastic Godzilla, And Now They Travel Everywhere Together
- These Ads From Haiti Hope To Use Trump’s Words Against Him
- Assistant Professor Of Design Makes Honest Charts That Sum Up A Designer’s Life
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games