The Incredible ‘Unbalanced Hotel’ to be Built into the Side of a Cliff in Peru
A hotel set to be built in Peru has been designed to look like a giant, off-center picture frame.
The cliff-hugging structure, designed for a private client by Madrid-based architecture firm OOIIO, will serve as the perfect frame for the Pacific Ocean on one side, and the Andes on the other. Provisionally named the Unbalanced Hotel, the building is intended to become a landmark for Lima, where it will be built into cliffs outside the city center. The Unbalanced Hotel will have 125 rooms, restaurants, conference rooms and exhibition spaces.
A hotel ‘constructed in a traditional way would be a visual barrier… that could block the ocean view,’ according to the OOIIO website. ‘Thanks to [the hotel’s] peculiar shape, the landscape is now even more relevant – we have framed it!’ The design was commissioned by a private South American client but the plans have yet to be approved by city planners.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- This Mind-Numbing Machine By Blake Fall-Conroy Lets You Experience Making The Minimum Wage
- Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Hot Australian Firefighters Pose With Animals For The New 2020 Calendars
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- In Girls We Trust: The Superb Bic Pen Illustrations By Helena Hauss
- Traveling Couple Captures Ethereal Images In The Most Unspoiled Places Around The World