The Incredible ‘Unbalanced Hotel’ to be Built into the Side of a Cliff in Peru
A hotel set to be built in Peru has been designed to look like a giant, off-center picture frame.
The cliff-hugging structure, designed for a private client by Madrid-based architecture firm OOIIO, will serve as the perfect frame for the Pacific Ocean on one side, and the Andes on the other. Provisionally named the Unbalanced Hotel, the building is intended to become a landmark for Lima, where it will be built into cliffs outside the city center. The Unbalanced Hotel will have 125 rooms, restaurants, conference rooms and exhibition spaces.
A hotel ‘constructed in a traditional way would be a visual barrier… that could block the ocean view,’ according to the OOIIO website. ‘Thanks to [the hotel’s] peculiar shape, the landscape is now even more relevant – we have framed it!’ The design was commissioned by a private South American client but the plans have yet to be approved by city planners.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- What Your Sleeping Positions Say About Your Relationships
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- Kids Make The Best Protest Signs
- This Artist’s Disney Paintings Look Better Than Disney Movies Themselves
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- This Woman Makes Offensive Teacups To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Edible Anus Company Makes Chocolate Buttholes, And People Are Actually Buying Them
- This Unbelievable 1959 Curtiss-Wright Model 2500 Air-Car
- Artist Shows The Sorrow Of Thrown Away Objects He Finds In The Streets By Drawing Sad Clown Faces On Them
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Costume Contestants Posing At The 24th World Science Fiction Convention In Cleveland, 1966