Artist From Poland Continue Depicts His Fight Against Depression In A Series Of Surreal Illustrations
For Dawid Planeta (previously) art is something more than just visual quality – with the series of dark illustrations he is exploring the dark side of human unconsciousness. After going through depression last year he’s using art to depict the places where dark feelings were coming from. Continue reading »
I like to introduce you to the dark visions of Noro8 aka Norbert. He is an artist from the UK who specialises in digital art and photo manipulation, with a very special interest in post-apocalyptic wastelands. Noro8 loves designing images that focus on end-of-human-civilization scenarios with dark sci-fi elements strewn copiously. He believes society is broken and selfish and utterly brainwashed and envisage a morose future where survival is a nightmarish hell. In that sense, Nero8 serves as a kind of harbinger. His art conveys visions from his mind’s eye and they are dark and gritty and devoid of hope. Continue reading »
For all its rampant sexuality, Game of Thrones is missing one thing: even more sexuality.
Fortunately, Russian artist Andrew Tarusov (previously) has illustrated a series of eye-popping posters depicting female characters from the show as early-20th-century-style pin-up girls. The stylized drawings depict Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Brienne of Tarth and many more of the Game of Thrones ladies as scantily clad, seductively posed, physically idealized pin-ups. Continue reading »
Jon McNaughton, an artist known for painting provocative images within politics, has released his latest controversial painting of President Barack Obama holding a burning Constitution, in a photo that has gone viral on the Internet.
The newest painting, “One Nation Under Socialism,” shows a smug Obama holding a copy of the Constitution in his hands while it burns. According to McNaughton, Obama’s hands represent “his recognition of what is happening [to the Constitution] as it goes up” [in flames].
According to McNaughton, he chose the title to convey his opinion about the growing trend of socialism in the U.S.
“When the people are willing to sacrifice the next generation for their current lifestyles and allow the federal government to have all the power for an illusory mess of pottage-you have chosen One Nation Under Socialism,” he wrote.
McNaughton said socialism has never worked in the past, also providing a link to an article from The Free Man Online, as to why socialism failed.
“In the history of the world, never has there been a recorded example where Socialism has led to the betterment of the human condition or improved the liberty of the people,” he said.
However, McNaughton said there are other components to this painting though he is not ready to spill all just yet. McNaughton told CBS that this painting “has brought out more feelings among those on both the right and left than my other previous political paintings.”
Jon McNaughton has painted other provocative, and controversial for some, paintings in the past, including one of President Obama stepping on the Constitution.
- Polish Artist Creates 27 Controversial Illustrations For Political Magazine
- Artist Illustrates The Most Famous Funny Cat Memes In Her Watercatlor Series
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Stunning Sand Sculptures By Artist JOOHeng Tan