Artist’s Series Depicts ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters Drawn As Pin-Up
For all its rampant sexuality, Game of Thrones is missing one thing: even more sexuality.
Fortunately, Russian artist Andrew Tarusov (previously) has illustrated a series of eye-popping posters depicting female characters from the show as early-20th-century-style pin-up girls. The stylized drawings depict Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Brienne of Tarth and many more of the Game of Thrones ladies as scantily clad, seductively posed, physically idealized pin-ups.
Tarusov, an illustrator and animator who specializes in vintage-style pin-ups and comics, adopted the pin-up poster aesthetic in order to blend decades-apart pop cultural icons. Few parts of our current pop culture are as simultaneously ubiquitous and racy as Game of Thrones, so Tarusov’s time-traveling, hyper-sexualized style and the HBO show are a near-perfect fit.
The pin-up, however deeply rooted in American culture, is a thing of the past for a reason, though, as UCreative points out: “Of course, we should put the pin-up poster in context—an era where a woman’s potential is viewed to be tied to her sexuality. That’s another issue though.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Amazing Black and White Winning Images of The WildArt POTY Monochrome Competition
- “Detached, in Harmony”: Artist Taking Conceptual Photography to New Heights
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers