Artist’s Series Depicts ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters Drawn As Pin-Up
For all its rampant sexuality, Game of Thrones is missing one thing: even more sexuality.
Fortunately, Russian artist Andrew Tarusov (previously) has illustrated a series of eye-popping posters depicting female characters from the show as early-20th-century-style pin-up girls. The stylized drawings depict Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Brienne of Tarth and many more of the Game of Thrones ladies as scantily clad, seductively posed, physically idealized pin-ups.
Tarusov, an illustrator and animator who specializes in vintage-style pin-ups and comics, adopted the pin-up poster aesthetic in order to blend decades-apart pop cultural icons. Few parts of our current pop culture are as simultaneously ubiquitous and racy as Game of Thrones, so Tarusov’s time-traveling, hyper-sexualized style and the HBO show are a near-perfect fit.
The pin-up, however deeply rooted in American culture, is a thing of the past for a reason, though, as UCreative points out: “Of course, we should put the pin-up poster in context—an era where a woman’s potential is viewed to be tied to her sexuality. That’s another issue though.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Facebook Group Photoshops Plus-Sized Women To ‘Inspire’ Them To Lose Weight
- Obama, Merkel, And Putin As Leading Actors In Famous Movies
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- 25 Year Old British Man Dresses As A 19th Century Regency Gentleman In Bespoke Clothing He Designs
- Honest Logos That Reflect Unfortunate Truths About Transnational Multi-Billion-Dollar Conglomerates By Viktor Hertz
- An Artist Made Stunning Illustrations About Modern Society
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- Fantastic Digital Art & Photo Manipulations By Cristian Girotto
- “104-Year-Old” Grandpa Expresses Himself With Timeless Style