Artist’s Series Depicts ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters Drawn As Pin-Up
For all its rampant sexuality, Game of Thrones is missing one thing: even more sexuality.
Fortunately, Russian artist Andrew Tarusov (previously) has illustrated a series of eye-popping posters depicting female characters from the show as early-20th-century-style pin-up girls. The stylized drawings depict Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Brienne of Tarth and many more of the Game of Thrones ladies as scantily clad, seductively posed, physically idealized pin-ups.
Tarusov, an illustrator and animator who specializes in vintage-style pin-ups and comics, adopted the pin-up poster aesthetic in order to blend decades-apart pop cultural icons. Few parts of our current pop culture are as simultaneously ubiquitous and racy as Game of Thrones, so Tarusov’s time-traveling, hyper-sexualized style and the HBO show are a near-perfect fit.
The pin-up, however deeply rooted in American culture, is a thing of the past for a reason, though, as UCreative points out: “Of course, we should put the pin-up poster in context—an era where a woman’s potential is viewed to be tied to her sexuality. That’s another issue though.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Universal Unbranding, Satirical Versions Of Corporate Logos
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- The 2020 Audubon Photography Awards: These Incredible Pics Capture The Charm Of Birds Perfectly
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Hilarious Photos Of Pet Antics From The Comedy Pet Photography Awards 2020
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream