Illustrating 50 historical dates with typography, an excellent project created by designers Levan Patsinashvili and David Babiashvili, who portray the numbers in a creative way, reflecting the events of each date. From the sinking of the Titanic to the Boston Tea Party, through the birth of Microsoft or the assassination of Kennedy, a clever and nice way to learn history! Continue reading »
When The History Channel needed a worldwide branding campaign, they turned to Seth Taras, an award-winning, self-taught American artist/photographer. Seth went on to create Know Where You Stand, a stunning mash up of historical photograph negatives overlaid into modern times. Seriously, imagine how much more impact the past could have if you took a trip to a place like Paris or Berlin and realized you were standing in Adolf Hitler’s shadow.
The four Know Where You Stand photographs — which won the Cannes Lion Award for best brand campaign — are simply stunning. A reminder how dramatically the world can change even when the landmarks stay the same. Continue reading »
Renowned New York Times illustrator Christoph Niemann recently took a transatlantic flight from New York City to Berlin (with a layover in London), and documented the journey in his sketchbook. The trek itself was typical for your average flight of this distance, but this is precisely what makes his work so enjoyable and humorous to read. Niemann perfectly captures the frustration, boredom, and routine that comes from sitting on a plane for over 12 hours. Continue reading »
People walk along a beach in Saint-Brevin-les-Pins, western France, next to the Chinese Huang Yong Ping’s work, “Serpent d’ocean” (Ocean snake), one of the nine works of the art event “Estuaire” (estuary of the Loire river). “Estuaire” and “Le voyage a Nantes” (A journey to Nantes), two contemporary art events, the first along the estuary, the second in forty stages which runs along 8.5 km in Nantes’ streets, take place from June 15 to August 19. Continue reading »
- There Is A Subway Lower Than Hell: The Superb Dark And Sinister Artworks By Vergvoktre
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- This Artist Draws Lighthearted Comics To Stay Sane In Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Taiwanese Artist Lives Large Dreams In Miniature Models
- Majestic Natural Landscape Photography By Alexandros Malapetsas
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Twisted & Satirical Pop Culture Characters By Dan LuVisi
- Bored Sitting At Home? Try To Find A Cat In Each Picture!