Beauty standards are always changing, but they never seem to go away. In 1938, LIFE magazine did a feature on 20-year-old June Cox, showed the model in a floor-length dress and then again in her underthings, and proceeded to praise Cox for possessing the “ideal figure.” The model stood 5 ft. 6 3/4 in. and weighed 124 lbs., though life insurance statistics, the magazine said, suggested she should weigh 135 lbs. Continue reading »
Imagine action figures crossing over to Toy Story, and you’ll get this priceless photography series by Instagram user @bmyhero.
If you loved these action hero mashup photos, the following pictures by this Bali-based photographer will be up your alley—they hilariously feed to any fantasy you’ve had of superheroes from rivaling franchises meeting each other. The photos also have a surreal quality to them, which makes them all the more believable and enjoyable to fans. Continue reading »
It seems like adults were always our worst enemies when we were kids. Always ruining a good time. We weren’t allowed to eat candy for breakfast, they made us go to bed at a reasonable hour on school nights and a good education was so important that we had to wake up at the most unreasonable hours to get it. Now we’re the ones that are trying to eat balanced meals, and attempting but failing miserably at balancing fun and getting adequate sleep before work tomorrow. This is our life now, this is what we have become. Continue reading »
Victoria’s Secret model Adriana Lima poses with her Madame Tussaud’s wax likeness at a reveal event at the Victoria’s Secret store in Herald Square in the Manhattan borough of New York November 30, 2015. Continue reading »
A wax figure of U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson stands outside Madame Tussauds New York attraction shortly after the figure was unveiled in Times Square in New York, July 30, 2015. (Photo by Mike Segar/Reuters)
Continue reading »
Actor Nicolas Cage finally got waxed. Cage was presented with his own wax statue at the Musée Grévin in Paris, France and, frankly, it doesn’t do him justice. In fact, it makes Cage look much older than his 48 years.
Cage stands next to his wax likeness. (Reuters / Gonzalo Fuentes) Continue reading »
Madame Tussauds in Shanghai unveiled another lookalike of the man who plays the popular vampire Edward Cullen. Two of Pattinson’s Chinese fans – dressed up as brides — were given the chance to literally unveil the new wax figure of the Hollywood heartthrob.
Another wax figure is currently on display at Madame Tussauds in New York City. That one took four months and $220,000 to make, MTV reported. It was revealed in 2010.
Even Robert Pattinson’s wax-likeness causes fans to swoon. (Reuters / Aly Song) Continue reading »
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Faces Of M’era Luna, The World’s Biggest Goth And Steampunk Festival
- This Japanese Artists Creates Realistic 3D Portraits Of People’s Cats
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Jakarta Built A Surburban Village On Top Of A City Mall
- This Mural Was Painted Upside-Down To Reflect Off Of The Water
- Awkward Vintage Photos of Celebrities Posing With Their Beloved Cats
- This Girl Cosplays Unexpected Things And Here Are Hilarious Instagram Pics