During his semester abroad in London, Brazilian student and artist Gabriel Nardelli Araujo was searching for a way to document his sojourn in a way that combined his passions for architecture, photography and travel. With that in mind, the “Canvas Project” was born— a series of digital collages that transposes figures from classical paintings into photographs of modern environments. Continue reading »
Image: Lee Beattie
These two men are not brothers, nor has this now-viral photo been Photoshopped. The two strangers met on Thursday evening on a flight from London to Galway. 32-year-old Neil Douglas was surprised to find a man that looked exactly like him sitting in his seat. The doppelganger, 35-year-old Robert Stirling, had changed seats so that a couple could sit together. Continue reading »
Fiction meets fiction in this print campaign for LEGO. Continue reading »
Crewmember Tetsuo Hayashi airbrushes the final touches to a 6.6 meter replica of the famous Godzilla at Tokyo Midtown on July 15, 2014 in Tokyo, Japan. The “MIDTOWN Meets GODZILLA” project is in collaboration with the Japan release of the Hollywood film version of “Godzilla”. The Godzilla built on the lawns of Tokyo Midtown will host a light show everynight complete with mist, audio and fire rays. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images) Continue reading »
What happens in the wild is sometimes hard to imagine. Sometimes other animals can be others prey. In this case, here is a python and a crocodile who come across each other in Australia. This is a bit graphic, so beware. Continue reading »
If there were two things I absolutely loved when I was a kid, it was Lego and Star Wars. So when I saw these incredible miniature photographs by Avanaut of the snow battle on the planet Hoth from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back using only Lego men, memories of my childhood come rushing back in a storm of fanboy nostalgia.
The creator of these photographs is Finnish illustrator and designer Vesa Lehtimäki or “Avanaut”. He started making his first Lego pictures set on the snowy planet of Hoth back in 2009 and has slowly been adding more and more over the years.
“Bossk’s Cool Day Out” Continue reading »
Furniture project by Alejandro Cerón. ‘One by One’ combines craft and mass production through a playful technic. The steel frames are made by hand in a very crafted way. On the other side the silicon rings are casted massively in different molds. Shapes and colors in each piece are completely unique. Continue reading »
Artist Agata Oleksiak, also known as Olek, with her large crocheted piece, ‘Keith Meets Arch of Hysteria’ at the Jonathan LeVine Gallery. Her show opened on August 10th. (Philip Montgomery for The Wall Street Journal) Continue reading »
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- Brilliant Book Dedications