Industrial designer Andrey Avgust hails from Belarus, a country whose currency I admit I’ve never seen. But he’s seen our yankee dollars and recognizes that their design kind of stinks. For fun Avgust gave U.S. bills a redesign, starting with the material: Polymer. Continue reading »
The English language is full of slang all about the world of money. Whether we’re using a credit card and putting something ‘on plastic’ or complaining that a new TV will cost you ‘an arm and a leg’, we love getting creative when we’re talking about cash.
Of course, if taken literally, any slang can be confusing for tourists and international students trying to work their way around the local lingo. So, for a bit of fun, we decided to see what slang is used around the world to refer to the coins, notes, and money different countries use.
giffraff teamed up with the award-winning British illustrator, Paul Blow, to create some funny illustrations that show how it literally looks to non-native speakers!
In Germany, you may hear the word “mücken” (mosquitoes) when it comes to talking about cash, though they may also say “kohle” (coal) or “schotter” (gravel). Continue reading »
Provocative Los Angeles-based street artist Sabo has set his sights on Leonardo DiCaprio and Hillary Clinton, satirizing their respective charitable foundations and turning them into money-laundering enterprises in a series of new posters that have been put up in Los Angeles. Continue reading »
Beard meets boudoir in this cheeky “dudeoir” photo series by Chad Castigliano of Chronicker Photography. The photographer’s manly model is an Arizona wildland firefighter named Tim Wilson, aka The Whimsical Woodsman, scantily clad in little more than boxers, suspenders, an orange hardhat, and the occasional cropped plaid top. It’s hard to resist the lusty lumberjack’s comical charm, whether he’s posing with pursed lips and an axe propped over his shoulder or reclining in the grass with a sultry smize. Continue reading »
In case you’re wondering why a bunch of models were walking around London in bikinis made out of dollar bills, according to my sources, it’s not some innovative new way for strippers to make change. It’s called Models or Money Mules, and it’s to promote the Wolf of Wall Street Blu-ray release. Continue reading »
- Vintage Yugoslavian Computer Magazine Cover Girls Of The 1980s-90s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Chinese Artist Creates Sculptures From Ferrero Rocher Packaging
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Sensual Female Portraits By The Russian Painter Andrei Markin
- 91-Year-Old Man Spends 56 Years Building His Own Cathedral Alone
- No, This Is Not Skyrim, This Is Czech Prachov Rocks In Bohemian Paradise
- “Motherland”: Photos Of Unfeigned Russia By Simon Roberts
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s