Pixel artist, designer, DJ and track maker Motocross Saito creates memorable GIF animations in a retro style, channeling ’80s and ’90s culture and music, with a focus on hip hop. Although he has been introduced internationally as the “loneliness GIF” artist, as Motocross Saito explains in this interview with CNN Japan, what he is really aiming for in his animated GIF pixel art is to “express a feeling that can soothe your mind, create a calming effect.” Continue reading »
Wallace G. Levison was a chemist, inventor, and lecturer who founded the Departments of Mineralogy and Astronomy at the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences in the latter half of the 19th century. He was also an avid photographer, using the new technology both as a scientific tool and a recreational activity. As the dawn of the 20th century approached, newer, more sensitive film emulsions were developed that allowed pictures to be taken with faster and faster shutter speeds. Continue reading »
Julien Douvier specializes in animated photography, an art that is perfectly suited for computer GIFS. The Strasbourg-based photographer explores his region surroundings to seize greatly varied scenes which allow him to express the sensation of movement within its environment. He then manages to process his stills with meticulous work in order to put emphasis specifically on the motion of the element, individual or body part on which he seeks to draw your attention.
The results are captivating, intriguing and sometimes quite amusing. Make sure to pay attention to the whole scene as some of them require an in-depth stare. Continue reading »
Moscow-based photographer Alexander Yakovlev has an amazing talent for conveying the elegant, refined energy of dancers. His stunning studio portraits capture dancers mid-pose, exuding a grace and power that is fortified by the primarily black and white aesthetic and clean scene compositions. Yakovlev’s photography provides viewers the opportunity to fully appreciate the majesty of a moving human body frozen in time, each image radiating an intangible element that makes it hard to look away. Continue reading »
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas