Photographer Captures The Power And Magic Of The Human Body In Motion And The Spirit Of Dance
Moscow-based photographer Alexander Yakovlev has an amazing talent for conveying the elegant, refined energy of dancers. His stunning studio portraits capture dancers mid-pose, exuding a grace and power that is fortified by the primarily black and white aesthetic and clean scene compositions. Yakovlev’s photography provides viewers the opportunity to fully appreciate the majesty of a moving human body frozen in time, each image radiating an intangible element that makes it hard to look away.
The artist, who had previously studied law in Russia, has found that his true passion lies in dance photography. With this series, known as The Mirages, the artist incorporates the simple element of flour, allowing his subjects to work with the fine powder in artistic ways. His lens captures each dancer’s movements as the bleached grains cling to and accentuate the lines of the human body, not to mention the way the flour floats in mid-air, mapping out the paths of motion of each limb. His collection is explosive and expressive, each image stunning in its own right, adding a visual sense of intensity within each frame.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape