In The Silence of the Lambs (1991), Anthony Hopkins delivers a stellar performance as the convicted serial killer Hannibal Lecter. His performance is in fact so good that it earned him an Oscar for Best Actor despite appearing on screen for only 16 minutes, the smallest screen time ever needed to win that award. Continue reading »
Claire Droppert’s intriguing photo series explores the tranquillity and absence of sound in the places that she visits. By photographing peaceful scenery with the lack of any human interaction, her images conjure up visions of a land where humans have never stepped foot. Continue reading »
If you still have no idea where to spend your next vacation, you should definitely have a look at these stunning photographs of Faroe Islands. On a recent trip to this remote archipelago, Belgium based photographer Kevin Faingnaert has captured dramatic views of snowy mountains, steep cliffs, waterfalls, and remote settlements with its friendly inhabitants. Continue reading »
In 2009, Filippo Minelli started taking photos of smoke-bombs in romantic landscapes to juxtapose the beauty of nature with the violence of a medium devoted to create chaos bringing about a stunning result. These powerful images, taken in various areas around Europe, have been shown in art exhibitions, publications and were featured on many art and design-related websites.
Silence/Shapes has also been shown at Venice Biennale 2011 and was on the cover of the prestigious art-magazine Elephant in early 2013. Continue reading »
A couple walks in the world’s largest salt flat, in Uyuni, Bolivia. Uyuni also has one of the world’s richest deposits of lithium. (Aizar Raldes/AFP/Getty Images) Zoom.
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Digital Artist Creates Magical And Surreal Images From Architecture And Fragments Of Nature
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Winners Of The 2021 iPhone Photography Awards
- Photographer Makes Incredible Macro Shots Of Insects And Wildlife Creatures
- 30 Surprising Facts You Might Not Know About