20 Mind Melting Examples of Light Painting
Light painting, or light graffiti as it is sometimes referred to, is a new frontier in creative photography. This is a growing trend on Flickr and other photo sharing sites. Often using extreme values for shutter speed (including keeping the shutter open indefinitely), light emitting objects become the paint brushes on a photographer’s canvas.
Photographers utilize their knowledge of the different colors produced by various lights, and how they interplay with white balance settings. Light paint brushes can be as simple as a flash light, laser pen, old lantern, or even off-camera flash combined with colored gels. Literally anything which emits light can be used as a paint brush.
Recently on Design You Trust
- Stamp House by Charles Wright Architects
- BB-8 Droid | by Sphero
- Faber-Castell E-motion Pure Black
- 2016 Harley Davidson Softail Slim S
- Logo Designs by Paul Von Excite
- Pixelated Heroes
- Photo of the Day: Donald Trump by Hansky
- “Wave” by Paul Cummins
- “Climate Noah’s Arch” Project By French Artist Gad Weil Will Be Exhibited In Paris
- World’s Largest Hammock Installed In New Jersey