Stunning Pictures of Hungry Shark
These terrifying pictures show the moment a photographer was circled by a hungry shark – for two hours.
Brave Sam Cahir refused to panic during the real-life Jaws scenario – getting in the water with his camera to capture these incredible shots.Australian Sam had been taking part in a Great White tagging trip when he found himself face-to-face with the deadly predator off the Neptune Islands, South Australia.
Tough customer: This bad-tempered shortfin Mako shark circled a photographer’s boat for two hours and only left after filling up on bait which was thrown into the water
The Shortfin Mako shark – which have been known to attack humans eventually left after eating tuna baits thrown into the water.Sam said: ‘The Mako made some menacing passes. On a number of occasions she almost swallowed the camera whole, allowing me to shoot straight down her maw.
‘It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel humbled to have witnessed such a display of nature’s quirkiness.’Sam was taking part in work carried out by the Fox Shark Research Foundation, which was set up by Andrew Fox, the son of famous shark attack victim Rodney Fox, in notorious shark infested waters.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia
- Venice Beach Roller Skaters: Cruising The Promenade Of LA’s Chillest Neighborhood
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Isosceles: Unique Female Lingerie Inspired By Geometry And Architecture
- 23 Striking And Surreptitious Photos Capture Street Scenes Of Pennsylvania In The 1970s
- Dance Moves Turned Into Charcoal Drawings By Heather Hansen
- Glow Worms Turn This New Zealand Cave Into Starry Night