Stunning Pictures of Hungry Shark
These terrifying pictures show the moment a photographer was circled by a hungry shark – for two hours.
Brave Sam Cahir refused to panic during the real-life Jaws scenario – getting in the water with his camera to capture these incredible shots.Australian Sam had been taking part in a Great White tagging trip when he found himself face-to-face with the deadly predator off the Neptune Islands, South Australia.
Tough customer: This bad-tempered shortfin Mako shark circled a photographer’s boat for two hours and only left after filling up on bait which was thrown into the water
The Shortfin Mako shark – which have been known to attack humans eventually left after eating tuna baits thrown into the water.Sam said: ‘The Mako made some menacing passes. On a number of occasions she almost swallowed the camera whole, allowing me to shoot straight down her maw.
‘It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel humbled to have witnessed such a display of nature’s quirkiness.’Sam was taking part in work carried out by the Fox Shark Research Foundation, which was set up by Andrew Fox, the son of famous shark attack victim Rodney Fox, in notorious shark infested waters.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Meet The Father Who Makes Amazing Sculptures Out Of Toast For Daughter Who Has Severe Food Allergies
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings
- Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony Ends With Tokyo Prime Minister Dressed As Super Mario
- Artist Creates Exploding Trash Sculptures To Remind Us How Much Stuff We Own
- Amazing Cakes That Look Exactly Like Soft Drink Bottles
- A Flying Aquarium With A 90ft Whale… This Is Actual Size!
- Instead Of Selfies, A Couple Draws Doodles To Document Their Journey
- Sign Of The Times: Protest Signs That Sum Up The Sixties
- Japanese Instagrammer Performs Bicycle Tricks On One Wheel