Stunning Pictures of Hungry Shark
These terrifying pictures show the moment a photographer was circled by a hungry shark – for two hours.
Brave Sam Cahir refused to panic during the real-life Jaws scenario – getting in the water with his camera to capture these incredible shots.Australian Sam had been taking part in a Great White tagging trip when he found himself face-to-face with the deadly predator off the Neptune Islands, South Australia.
Tough customer: This bad-tempered shortfin Mako shark circled a photographer’s boat for two hours and only left after filling up on bait which was thrown into the water
The Shortfin Mako shark – which have been known to attack humans eventually left after eating tuna baits thrown into the water.Sam said: ‘The Mako made some menacing passes. On a number of occasions she almost swallowed the camera whole, allowing me to shoot straight down her maw.
‘It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel humbled to have witnessed such a display of nature’s quirkiness.’Sam was taking part in work carried out by the Fox Shark Research Foundation, which was set up by Andrew Fox, the son of famous shark attack victim Rodney Fox, in notorious shark infested waters.
Recently on Design You Trust
- Powerful Portraits of People Revealing Their “Invisible” Illnesses
- Couple Finds Big Adventures In A Tiny House
- Adorable Rocket Raccoon Backpack Buddy
- Photo of the Day: The Face
- These Images Show Off Some Of The World’s Most Majestic Creatures Silhouetted Against The Beautiful Rising And Setting Sun
- Burning Man 2015 Begins!
- A Photographer Found An Abandoned Wooden Model Of Russian Buran Spacecraft
- Fobo Tire Pressure Sensor
- DPTR Clamshell Wallet
- Happier Camper