Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Unbelievable Shell Sculptures By Rowan Mersh
- This Gorgeous Place Might As Well Be Called Pirate Island
- Random Bag On The Berlin Metro Was Simply Designed To Troll People
- Gigantic Straw Dinosaurs Take Over Chinese Village
- Artist Courtney Mattison Sculpts Colossal Ceramic Coral Reefs
- Patrick Dougherty’s Mind Blowing Nest Houses Made Of Living Trees
- Juan Cabana’s Genuine Mummified Mermaid Freaks
- Mike Rea’s Meticulously Crafted Wooden Sculptures Are A Film Nerd’s Heaven
- In Unretouched Ads, TV Stars And Amateur Models Show What Women Look Like In Their Undies
- Air Surfing Through New York City By RXM Creative
- Dusk Of An Infinite Shade: Fantasy Worlds Of Victor Cloux
- Solar Powered Glow-In-The-Dark Bike Path Inspired By Van Gogh
- Beautiful Watercolor Quotes By June Digan
- Rough Norwegian Street Art By Dolk Lundgren
- Growing Demand For Cardboard Coffins In Venezuela