Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Meet Nangua, A Very Rare (And Very Adorable) Bright Orange Baby Monkey
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- These Are The Yoga Photos No One Wants To Put On Instagram
- Loving Boyfriend Prepares Symmetrical Breakfasts for Himself and His Partner Every Day
- This Guy Just Won The Selfie Stick Game Once And For All
- Men Are Covering Their Beards In Glitter Just In Time For The Holidays
- Classic Albums drawn by Six-Years Old Artist
- Ksenia Schnaider SS16 Lookbook
- Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize 2015
- 2015 Fritz Pölking Nature Photography Prize
- Australian Life Prize 2015
- GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015
- A Century of Gorgeous Portraits from The Photographers 2015
- Artist Uses Vintage File Folders And Index Cards To Create Geometric Collages
- Artist Creates Paper And Wooden Birds By Hand-Cutting Every Feather