Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- 15 Authentic Shots Of Motherhood In All Its Beauty
- Gerard Schlosser’s Intimate And Hyperrealistic Paintings Of The Body (NSFW)
- Breathtaking Photos Of London Town From Above
- Juniper, The Happiest Fox In The World
- All Little Things – Happy Moments Every Couple Should Share
- Meet Escape Traveler – A Tiny Cabin On Wheels That Can Be Moved Anywhere
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard