Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- The Green Lady Of Carroll Gardens Has Been Wearing Only Green For The Last 20 Years
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Frog That Looks Like Princess Leia Sparks Photoshop Battle, And The Results Are Hilarious
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Of Course, You Need This 3D Periodic Table Lamp
- “Facepot” – The Design Concept Of Original Pots For Flowers
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- This Archaeology Soap Has Hidden Dinosaurs Inside