Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist Transforms Herself Into Different Characters Using Only Makeup
- This Artist’s NSFW Portraits Aim To Take Down The Double Standard Of Oral Sex In Pop Culture
- Photographer Tests Her Skills With A One Dollar Camera
- You’ll Be Amazed After Seeing The Classy Interior Of This Rolls-Royce!
- Crashed Car Randomly Gets A Golden Makeover
- An Artist Creates A Life-Size Sculpture Of A Pianist, Made Of 210,000 Matches
- Living Planet Index Report In Pictures
- A Look Back At The First Tucker Torpedo Prototype From 1946
- This Guy And His Wife Hosted An Awesome Walking Dead Premiere Party
- Some Guy Is Leaving Hilarious Fake Trivia Books In Bookstores
- Artist Maria Gasanova Paints Live Models To Look Like Watercolour Masterpieces
- The Hofskirkja Church – The Only Church Left With A Grass Rooftop
- Someone Is Hiding Dirty Texts In Beautiful Photos And It’s Hilarious
- Intimate Murals Revive Abandoned Buildings Around The World
- Projection-Mapped PDA Puts Kissing Couples On Display In Paris