Portraits of a Popular Tokyo Geisha of 100 Years Ago
Hawaryu was a popular Tokyo Geisha during the late Meiji era. If marriage was delayed (or never happened) her career as a Geisha could have continued during the early years of the Taisho period as well.
Here are beautiful portraits of Hawaryu, a popular Tokyo Geisha, from 100 years ago.
See the rest on vintag.es
Recently on Design You Trust
- Powerful Portraits of People Revealing Their “Invisible” Illnesses
- Couple Finds Big Adventures In A Tiny House
- Adorable Rocket Raccoon Backpack Buddy
- Photo of the Day: The Face
- These Images Show Off Some Of The World’s Most Majestic Creatures Silhouetted Against The Beautiful Rising And Setting Sun
- Burning Man 2015 Begins!
- A Photographer Found An Abandoned Wooden Model Of Russian Buran Spacecraft
- Fobo Tire Pressure Sensor
- DPTR Clamshell Wallet
- Happier Camper