Portraits of a Popular Tokyo Geisha of 100 Years Ago
Hawaryu was a popular Tokyo Geisha during the late Meiji era. If marriage was delayed (or never happened) her career as a Geisha could have continued during the early years of the Taisho period as well.
Here are beautiful portraits of Hawaryu, a popular Tokyo Geisha, from 100 years ago.
See the rest on vintag.es
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Chalk Artist Reimagines Darth Vader In Steamy 3D Portrait
- Artist Nimbly Creates Incredible Tiny Sculptures From Pencils
- This Golden Carved Nissan GT-R Made A Huge Impression At The Tokyo Motor Show 2016
- Wedding Photo Shoot Goes Wrong After A Snake Makes A Surprise Appearance
- 1920s Fashion Through The Lens Of Police Mugshots