Portraits of a Popular Tokyo Geisha of 100 Years Ago
Hawaryu was a popular Tokyo Geisha during the late Meiji era. If marriage was delayed (or never happened) her career as a Geisha could have continued during the early years of the Taisho period as well.
Here are beautiful portraits of Hawaryu, a popular Tokyo Geisha, from 100 years ago.
See the rest on vintag.es
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artists Combine Theatricality And Organic Food To Compose The Photographs
- Eco Street Murals By NEVERCREW Duo
- Society Of The Dead: Satirical Illustrations By Pawel Kuczynski
- These Ridiculous Propaganda Postcards Warn Men About The Dangers Of Women’s Rights From The Early 20th Century
- Where Dreams Begin: Fascinating Artworks By Molly Stanard