The Most Poisonous Animals In The World
It is really hard to tell which animal is the most poisonous in the world. The one that has the most toxic chemicals? The one that kills the biggest amount of people a year? Or maybe the one with the biggest amount of poison? First of all, I have to admit that the title is a bit incorrect, because there is a difference between poisonous and venomous animals. A poisonous animal carries harmful chemicals called toxins primarily used for self defense. Therefore venomous animals deliver their toxins by stinging, stabbing, or biting. So poisonous animals are passive killers, while venomous animals are active killers.Nevertheless, theory aside, they are all really dangerous. So look really closely at each photo, cause next time you meet them can be the last thing you ever see.
1. Box Jellyfish
The top prize for The World Most Venomous Animal, would go to the Box Jellyfish. It has caused at least 5,567 recorded deaths since 1954. Their venom is among the most deadly in the world. It’s toxins attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells. And the worst part of it is that jelly box venom is so overpoweringly painful, that human victims go in shock, drown or die of heart failure before even reaching shore. Survivors experience pain weeks after the contact with box jellies.You have virtually no chance to survive the venomous sting, unless treated immediately. After a sting, vinegar should be applied for a minimum of 30 seconds. Vinegar has acetic acid, which disables the box jelly’s nematocysts that have not yet discharged into the bloodstream (though it will not alleviate the pain). Wearing panty hose while swimming is also a good prevention measure since it can prevent jellies from being able to harm your legs.Jelly box can be found in the waters around Asia and Australia.
2. King Cobra
The King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) is the world’s longest venomous snake growing up to 5.6 m (18.5 ft) in length. Ophiophagus, literally means snake-eater as it eats other snakes. One single bite of this deadly snake can easily kill a human. This snake is even capable of killing a full-grown Asian Elephant within 3 hours if the larger animal is bitten in a vulnerable area such as the trunk.It’s venom is not as toxic as other venomous snakes, but King Cobra is capable of injecting 5 times more venom than black mamba and can result in mortality up to 5 times faster than that of the black mamba. It is quite widespread, ranging across South and South-east Asia, living in dense highland forests.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway
- Sarah Mudle’s Creepy Makeup Art Will Give You Nightmares
- Meet Rava Ray, The Sexy Queen Of The Stingrays
- Simple And Clever Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Every Day Life
- Mike Miller’s Photography Captures ’90s Hip-Hop And Lowrider Culture To The Fullest
- 2016 Nikon Small World Photo Contest Winners
- Photographer Mike Kelley Captures Air Traffic In A Way You’ve Never Seen Before
- Artist Shows Off The Fleeting Nature Of Beauty With Crumbling Portraits
- Meet Khoudia Diop, Stunning Charcoal Black African Model
- The Squid Man Will Haunt Your Dreams Forever
- Yao Ethnic Women Keep Long Hair Tradition Alive
- This “Safe Cabinet” Was Designed With The Lock Mechanism On The Exterior
- Hungry Rat That Got Its Head Stuck In A New York City Garbage Can Is Freed
- 2016 Wildlife Photographer Of The Year Winners
- The Beauty Of Italian Architecture Photographed By David Burdeny