The Most Poisonous Animals In The World
It is really hard to tell which animal is the most poisonous in the world. The one that has the most toxic chemicals? The one that kills the biggest amount of people a year? Or maybe the one with the biggest amount of poison? First of all, I have to admit that the title is a bit incorrect, because there is a difference between poisonous and venomous animals. A poisonous animal carries harmful chemicals called toxins primarily used for self defense. Therefore venomous animals deliver their toxins by stinging, stabbing, or biting. So poisonous animals are passive killers, while venomous animals are active killers.Nevertheless, theory aside, they are all really dangerous. So look really closely at each photo, cause next time you meet them can be the last thing you ever see.
1. Box Jellyfish
The top prize for The World Most Venomous Animal, would go to the Box Jellyfish. It has caused at least 5,567 recorded deaths since 1954. Their venom is among the most deadly in the world. It’s toxins attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells. And the worst part of it is that jelly box venom is so overpoweringly painful, that human victims go in shock, drown or die of heart failure before even reaching shore. Survivors experience pain weeks after the contact with box jellies.You have virtually no chance to survive the venomous sting, unless treated immediately. After a sting, vinegar should be applied for a minimum of 30 seconds. Vinegar has acetic acid, which disables the box jelly’s nematocysts that have not yet discharged into the bloodstream (though it will not alleviate the pain). Wearing panty hose while swimming is also a good prevention measure since it can prevent jellies from being able to harm your legs.Jelly box can be found in the waters around Asia and Australia.
2. King Cobra
The King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) is the world’s longest venomous snake growing up to 5.6 m (18.5 ft) in length. Ophiophagus, literally means snake-eater as it eats other snakes. One single bite of this deadly snake can easily kill a human. This snake is even capable of killing a full-grown Asian Elephant within 3 hours if the larger animal is bitten in a vulnerable area such as the trunk.It’s venom is not as toxic as other venomous snakes, but King Cobra is capable of injecting 5 times more venom than black mamba and can result in mortality up to 5 times faster than that of the black mamba. It is quite widespread, ranging across South and South-east Asia, living in dense highland forests.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Russian Woman Grew Her Hair To Rapunzel Length
- London Drug Dealers’ Messages Through The Lens Of Conventional Marketing
- Computer Love: The Ultimate Guide To Computing
- Gibson Girls: The Sexiest Women Of All Time
- Surreal Abandoned Building From Kamchatka
- Epic Video Game Room Decoration Ideas From Pixers
- This Artist Has Turned Store’s Regular Trashcan Into A Trashcan For People’s Hopes And Dreams
- Edwardian Criminal Faces Of North Shields: Vintage Mugshots Of Women In The Early 1900s
- Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
- What If Popular Media Persons Appears In Popular 2016 Movie Posters?
- This Is Not Your Granddad’s Creepy Brother: An Artist Makes Unbelievable Pro Silicone Masks
- This Artist Turns Children Drawings Into Real Toys
- Amazing Leaf-Inspired Bags From Budapest By Gabriella Moldovanyi
- A Guy Found A Scared Kitten Under A Truck And Just Couldn’t Say No To Her
- Soviet Brutalist Architecture Photographed By Frederic Chaubin