The Most Poisonous Animals In The World
It is really hard to tell which animal is the most poisonous in the world. The one that has the most toxic chemicals? The one that kills the biggest amount of people a year? Or maybe the one with the biggest amount of poison? First of all, I have to admit that the title is a bit incorrect, because there is a difference between poisonous and venomous animals. A poisonous animal carries harmful chemicals called toxins primarily used for self defense. Therefore venomous animals deliver their toxins by stinging, stabbing, or biting. So poisonous animals are passive killers, while venomous animals are active killers.Nevertheless, theory aside, they are all really dangerous. So look really closely at each photo, cause next time you meet them can be the last thing you ever see.
1. Box Jellyfish
The top prize for The World Most Venomous Animal, would go to the Box Jellyfish. It has caused at least 5,567 recorded deaths since 1954. Their venom is among the most deadly in the world. It’s toxins attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells. And the worst part of it is that jelly box venom is so overpoweringly painful, that human victims go in shock, drown or die of heart failure before even reaching shore. Survivors experience pain weeks after the contact with box jellies.You have virtually no chance to survive the venomous sting, unless treated immediately. After a sting, vinegar should be applied for a minimum of 30 seconds. Vinegar has acetic acid, which disables the box jelly’s nematocysts that have not yet discharged into the bloodstream (though it will not alleviate the pain). Wearing panty hose while swimming is also a good prevention measure since it can prevent jellies from being able to harm your legs.Jelly box can be found in the waters around Asia and Australia.
2. King Cobra
The King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) is the world’s longest venomous snake growing up to 5.6 m (18.5 ft) in length. Ophiophagus, literally means snake-eater as it eats other snakes. One single bite of this deadly snake can easily kill a human. This snake is even capable of killing a full-grown Asian Elephant within 3 hours if the larger animal is bitten in a vulnerable area such as the trunk.It’s venom is not as toxic as other venomous snakes, but King Cobra is capable of injecting 5 times more venom than black mamba and can result in mortality up to 5 times faster than that of the black mamba. It is quite widespread, ranging across South and South-east Asia, living in dense highland forests.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You 5,750 views in Photography
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One 2,880 views in Design
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s 1,653 views in Travel
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty 1,629 views in Photography
- Expand Your General Knowledge With These Fun Illustrated Facts 1,422 views in Inspirations
- Stewardess Skill Training In China 1,337 views in Travel
- New Hilarious Mashups By Stephen McMennamy 1,257 views in Inspirations
- The Kings Of The Forest – Photographer Spent 3 Days In Nepal To Document The Isolated Tribe 1,182 views in Travel
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo 1,175 views in Inspirations
- Striking Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities At The Golden Globes 2017 1,081 views in Photography
- Veteran Storm Chaser Captures The Stunning Beauty Of Deadly Monsoons In Arizona 1,063 views in Photography
- 61-Year-Old Model Absolutely Rocks Her Swimsuit Campaign 1,053 views in Photography
- Controversial Walking Dead Photo Shoot Gets People Talking 840 views in Photography
- Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk 809 views in Design
- Aviation Enthusiasts Has Converted Luxury Private Jet Into A Holiday Campsite 802 views in Travel