SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- The Green Lady Of Carroll Gardens Has Been Wearing Only Green For The Last 20 Years
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Frog That Looks Like Princess Leia Sparks Photoshop Battle, And The Results Are Hilarious
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Of Course, You Need This 3D Periodic Table Lamp
- “Facepot” – The Design Concept Of Original Pots For Flowers
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- This Archaeology Soap Has Hidden Dinosaurs Inside