SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist Transforms Herself Into Different Characters Using Only Makeup
- This Artist’s NSFW Portraits Aim To Take Down The Double Standard Of Oral Sex In Pop Culture
- Photographer Tests Her Skills With A One Dollar Camera
- You’ll Be Amazed After Seeing The Classy Interior Of This Rolls-Royce!
- Crashed Car Randomly Gets A Golden Makeover
- An Artist Creates A Life-Size Sculpture Of A Pianist, Made Of 210,000 Matches
- Living Planet Index Report In Pictures
- A Look Back At The First Tucker Torpedo Prototype From 1946
- This Guy And His Wife Hosted An Awesome Walking Dead Premiere Party
- Some Guy Is Leaving Hilarious Fake Trivia Books In Bookstores
- Artist Maria Gasanova Paints Live Models To Look Like Watercolour Masterpieces
- The Hofskirkja Church – The Only Church Left With A Grass Rooftop
- Someone Is Hiding Dirty Texts In Beautiful Photos And It’s Hilarious
- Intimate Murals Revive Abandoned Buildings Around The World
- Projection-Mapped PDA Puts Kissing Couples On Display In Paris