SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings
- Nature Framed By Myoung Ho Lee
- Istanbul Inception: Surreal Turkish Cityscapes By Aydın Büyüktaş
- These Twisted Vintage Portraits Were Made Before Photoshop
- Hilarious Illustrations Of Real Movie Typos By Austin Light
- The Six Stages of Waking Up In The Morning
- This Artist Turns People Into Aliens By Drawing Faces On Their Backs
- This Craftsman Creates Absolutely Badass Steampunk Masks, Outfits And Accessories
- Amazing Surreal And Tribal Backpacks By Konstantin Kofta
- Foreboding Creature Tattoos Are Modern Brothers Grimm
- These 13 Satirical Cartoons Depict The Disturbing Reality Of Modern-Day Society
- The Algonquin Hotel In NYC Has A Kitty Concierge Named Matilda
- Romantic And Heart-Melting Unsent Text Messages
- Mumbai’s Taxis Makeover
- Korean Woman Raises 200 Dogs Saved From Streets