|If you like Design You Trust,|
support us on Facebook:
SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Shocking Real Stories of Feral Children Told with Dark Photos
- Behrad Ghodsi Develops a Range of 3D Printable Footwear
- Photo of the Day: The Martian
- Flocks of Sheep Take over London’s Savile Row
- Designers Create a Wall for Carlsberg from 160 Laser Cut Pieces of Wood
- Microsoft Surface Book
- New Balance 996 Distinct Ski Retro
- Baumraum Treehouses
- Koto Smart Sensors for a Healthier Home
- Freebies for Designers – September 2015