SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Artist Creates Unusual Jewelry From Silver Forks
- Hilarious Portraits Of Cute Animals Floating In Mid-Air
- J.K Rowling Shares Unseen Personal Sketches Of Harry Potter
- Ceramic Dragon Oil Lamp For The Mother Of Dragons
- Digital NSFW Portraits Of The Beautiful Women In Underwear By Izumi Uchida
- Handcrafted Floor Rugs By SurfaceWerks
- DIY Bullet Casing Earphones
- We Are Animals: Honest Illustrations By Andrea Radeck
- Lucas Levitan Beautifully Adds Cartoons To Photographs
- Photographer Creates Imaginative Images Of Her Daughter And Her Shadow
- A Former Janitor Collects And Photographs The Items Seized From Immigrants And Thrown Away By U.S. Customs And Border Patrol
- Artist Leaves Dress In The Dead Sea For 2 Years And It Turns Into Glittering Salt Crystal Masterpiece
- Polish Street Artist Just Unveiled Art Installations In Poland Which Are Based On Advertising Columns
- Bad Moon Rising
- Project Mermaids Lets Ocean-Lovers Don Tails And Live Out Their Siren Fantasies