SHOW YOUR HISPANIC PRIDE AND SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN WITH THE THEME
“THE PRIDE OF OUR HERITAGE.” SEVEN DESIGNS WILL BE SELECTED
AND TRANSFORMED INTO MURALS THROUGHOUT LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
More Info @ Designer’s Lab.
[CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW CLOSE UP]
Cao offers remarkable, large scale photographs that are made up of tiny pictures, generally paired to create a relationship to the overall image. These iconic images examine the cult of celebrity and are easily discernable across the entire social spectrum. These works made for sell out shows in Miami, and a return to New York for a solo exhibit, DECOMPOSE/RECOMPOSE: RESURRECT, at Stux Gallery.
Alex Guofeng Cao is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Edward Weston, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and the forms and proportions of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman eras. This combination has led to a method of creation that is a process of encoding and layering information of the times using the subtle tones available between deep black and bright white.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- The 2016 Pirelli Calendar is Here and It’s Unlike Any You’ve Seen Before
- Bright Moments in Life of USSR People
- Black Friday Shoppers are Suspiciously Similar to Zombie Hordes
- Breathtaking Photos of Models Pose with Endangered Animals
- 35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
- Couple Announces Pregnancy Using Mom’s Body to Create Some Attractive ‘Live’ Scenes
- 5 Must Seen Yoga Poses
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee