Beakerhead is a massive five-day-long festival that celebrates the fun and fascinating fusion of art, science and engineering. Along with thought-provoking talks from brilliant minds around the world, including one from former Commander of the International Space Station Chris Hadfield, Beakerhead put on an amazing display of eye-catching visuals. Continue »
Photographer Lincoln Harrison documents the majestic night sky by using long exposures combined with a creative zoom technique, and then layering two images together in post-production.
Not many people can say that they’ve been involved with a project site for over 50 years but that’s what photographer Harry Cory Wright can claim with his recently released series Hey Charlie. Fascinated with a specific spot in Norfolk, East England, where he spent his childhood days, Cory Wright shot a specific bend in the river and the field beside it with a whole lot of magic.
“Against the Grain: Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft and Design” is a new exhibition at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York. Featuring nearly 90 installations and sculptures, the show (which originated at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina) brings together 57 cutting-edge artists and designers from all over the world.
See more at Chevy Culture.
Mark your calendars! In what promises to be one of those fantastic photo exhibitions you won’t want to miss, Annenberg Space for Photography in Los Angeles will soon present The Power of Photography: National Geographic 125 Years.
See more at My Modern Met.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter