Beakerhead is a massive five-day-long festival that celebrates the fun and fascinating fusion of art, science and engineering. Along with thought-provoking talks from brilliant minds around the world, including one from former Commander of the International Space Station Chris Hadfield, Beakerhead put on an amazing display of eye-catching visuals. Continue »
Photographer Lincoln Harrison documents the majestic night sky by using long exposures combined with a creative zoom technique, and then layering two images together in post-production.
Not many people can say that they’ve been involved with a project site for over 50 years but that’s what photographer Harry Cory Wright can claim with his recently released series Hey Charlie. Fascinated with a specific spot in Norfolk, East England, where he spent his childhood days, Cory Wright shot a specific bend in the river and the field beside it with a whole lot of magic.
“Against the Grain: Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft and Design” is a new exhibition at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York. Featuring nearly 90 installations and sculptures, the show (which originated at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina) brings together 57 cutting-edge artists and designers from all over the world.
See more at Chevy Culture.
Mark your calendars! In what promises to be one of those fantastic photo exhibitions you won’t want to miss, Annenberg Space for Photography in Los Angeles will soon present The Power of Photography: National Geographic 125 Years.
See more at My Modern Met.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Guy And His Wife Hosted An Awesome Walking Dead Premiere Party
- Some Guy Is Leaving Hilarious Fake Trivia Books In Bookstores
- Artist Maria Gasanova Paints Live Models To Look Like Watercolour Masterpieces
- The Hofskirkja Church – The Only Church Left With A Grass Rooftop
- Someone Is Hiding Dirty Texts In Beautiful Photos And It’s Hilarious
- Intimate Murals Revive Abandoned Buildings Around The World
- Projection-Mapped PDA Puts Kissing Couples On Display In Paris
- Rita Kluge’s Distinctive Photos Capture The Humpback Whale Calving Season In The South Pacific
- Breathtaking Views Of Earth From Above
- This Dad Turns His 6-Year-Old Son’s Drawings Into Reality
- Halloween-Obsessed Couple Build ‘Doll Asylum’ By Filling Home With Mutilated Toys
- Stunning Cosplay Photography By Natasha Firsakova
- Taste Of Insanity: Mindblowing Digital Artworks By Pierre-Alain D
- Brilliant Set Of Illusional Artworks Showing The Real Meaning Of The Word “Creativity”
- UK Landscape Photographer Of The Year Awards