Beakerhead is a massive five-day-long festival that celebrates the fun and fascinating fusion of art, science and engineering. Along with thought-provoking talks from brilliant minds around the world, including one from former Commander of the International Space Station Chris Hadfield, Beakerhead put on an amazing display of eye-catching visuals. Continue »
Photographer Lincoln Harrison documents the majestic night sky by using long exposures combined with a creative zoom technique, and then layering two images together in post-production.
Not many people can say that they’ve been involved with a project site for over 50 years but that’s what photographer Harry Cory Wright can claim with his recently released series Hey Charlie. Fascinated with a specific spot in Norfolk, East England, where he spent his childhood days, Cory Wright shot a specific bend in the river and the field beside it with a whole lot of magic.
“Against the Grain: Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft and Design” is a new exhibition at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York. Featuring nearly 90 installations and sculptures, the show (which originated at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina) brings together 57 cutting-edge artists and designers from all over the world.
See more at Chevy Culture.
Mark your calendars! In what promises to be one of those fantastic photo exhibitions you won’t want to miss, Annenberg Space for Photography in Los Angeles will soon present The Power of Photography: National Geographic 125 Years.
See more at My Modern Met.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Frog That Looks Like Princess Leia Sparks Photoshop Battle, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- The Green Lady Of Carroll Gardens Has Been Wearing Only Green For The Last 20 Years
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- “Facepot” – The Design Concept Of Original Pots For Flowers
- Of Course, You Need This 3D Periodic Table Lamp
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- This Archaeology Soap Has Hidden Dinosaurs Inside