British practice Wilkinson Eyre Architects has completed work on the new 17,000 square meter Audi Centre for Audi UK in London, which is considered as the world’s largest Audi showroom.
Wilkinson Eyre Architects has derived design inspiration from nature, art and science in conceiving the glass and metal external structure as a sculptural form. The new headquarters for Audi UK is notable for its sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a manta ray fish and the aerodynamic wing shapes of a B2 Stealth Aircraft.
Read the full details at World Interior Design Network
Joseph Egan and Hunter Thomson are two students from the Chelsea School of Art and Design, as a final project for a diploma have made a typographical anamorphic system, precisely the same school. The project initially analyzed the relationship between architecture and graphic design and point of view in large and complex structures.
continues here …
Amsterdam-based street artist Niels Meulman aka. ‘Shoe’ shared some of his latest Calligraffiti works on his website. Check out the new designs he did with ink and black permanent markers. There is also one artwork which was made with artists Zeds, Soap, Perto and Giose in Altamura, Italy. See more pictures…
Eternal Love…a romantic ambience created for Mikimoto Jewelery’s windows display in their Japan headquaters…sweet color scheme, dreamy flower petals that appears floating + rings that romantically emerged from those pinkish rose lying above the elegance marble base…
Long exposure photography refers to a specific technique of taking photographs with the camera set for long exposure or slow shutter speed. Usually, a photographic film or an image sensor in a digital camera is exposed to light for only a fraction of a second. For example, in order to take a photo on a sunny day it is enough to choose the shutter speed of 1/100th of a second. However, taking photos with the slower shutter speed (e.g. from 1/8th of a second to 8 seconds or even to a couple of hours) can result in magnificent and eye-catching visual effects. For example, if a long exposure photograph is taken at night on a busy city avenue, the headlights of moving cars will appear on the photo as glowing lines of light.
Continue reading …
“Savage Justice” is a solo exhibition by Morgan Slade at LeBasse Projects that runs until August 7th.
More at inkbutter.com.
Timelaps made by Benedikt von Seherr – Thoss
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book
- Japan’s Terrifying Road Is Enough To Give The Most Confident Driver Nightmares
- Bring The Argentinian Grasslands Indoors With These Stunning Handmade Rugs
- Shipwrecks And Deep Ocean Scenes Encapsulated Inside Translucent Whale Sculptures
- This Engineer Creates Incredible 3D Calligraphy That Leaps Off The Page
- Chinese Village Builds Giant Golden Statue Of Mao Zedong
- Street Art That Only Appears When It Rains
- Men And Women Before 10 A.M. By Veronique Vial
- Jellyfish Plants Transform Your Room Into A Underwater Wonderland
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings