An unusual hobby.
1º – Kill some flies, but with caution;
2º – Death flies need sun. 1 hour to dry;
3º – You have the death flies. Now take a pencil and paper …and…let the imagination flow.
a very cool series of pieces made by alex cornell for a hypothetical wes anderson film festival. see more from this project
Matte painting is one of the coolest types of digital art. The combination of photography, 3d rendering, and painted effects results in photorealistic concepts that are unbelievable. Dylan Cole is probably the most well known matte painter, with his work prominently featured in Lord of the Rings. He graduated with a Fine Arts degree from UCLA, and after working as a traditional painter, he made the jump to digital painting.
Aside from his work on Lord of the Rings, he also has produced several Gnomon DVDs (which are really interesting, so if you’re curious about matte painting, check them out), and worked on major titles such as G.I. Joe, The Golden Compass, Eagle Eye, Pirates of the Caribbean, Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift, and iRobot. This post showcases 32 matte paintings from Dylan, some of which I’m sure you’ll recognize.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Surreal And Imaginative Black And White Photos That Will Confuse Your Eyes
- Unconventional Tourist Photographs Reveal What’s Behind the World’s Most Visited Sights
- Married Japanese Man Claims He Has Finally Found Love With A Sex Doll
- German Beer Ad Shows Men Cradling Their Beer Bellies Like Pregnant Moms
- An Artist Has Made This Badass Raven Costume Entirely By Hand