Armed America: Portraits of Gun Owners in Their Homes
Photographs by Kyle Cassidy.
The question of gun ownership in America is a fractious one. Even the number of guns in the country is in significant debate. The National Rifle Association (NRA), the country’s largest pro-gun lobbying group, quotes the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)’s estimate that in 1999 there were about 215,000,000 guns in America and one gun in about half of the households in the country. The Brady Campaign (the nation’s leading anti-gun coalition) estimates there are 192,000,000 guns in America, owned by 39% of the population.
This isn’t a book about guns. It’s a book about people.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An East Dallas Home’s Halloween Decorations Prompt Multiple Police Visits
- The Photographer Took Dark and Gloomy Photos of A Small Russian City Covered with Morning Fog
- Taiwanese Shop Owner Installed A Glass Ceiling For His Cats And Now They Won’t Stop Staring At Him
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Adorable Photos Of A Young Austrian Boy Enjoys A Special Friendship With Shy Marmots
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- Graphic Artist Turns One-Star Reviews Of National Parks Into Great Posters
- Tiny, Super Minimalist Tattoos That Are Subtle But Striking
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson