The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests