The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves
- An Imagination That Looks Great On Paper: The Creative Mind Of Lily Seika Jones
- These Weird Clocks Use Human Faces To Display The Time
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Artist & Chief Daniele Barresi Carves Out A Unique Space Between Food And Art
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Chinese Artist Creates Creepy Celebrity Portraits Made From Other People’s Faces
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- “A Time Of Love And War”: Amazing Digital Art By Wang Ling