The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
Lammily is the forthcoming plastic doll whose motto is, “Average is beautiful.” Her body shape is based on averages of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that is more often used to track the American obesity epidemic. She is not affiliated with Mattel’s Barbie.
Last year, graphic designer Nickolay Lamm created some concept images of the “Normal Barbie” that became very popular around the Internet. (If you didn’t see them, one is to the right.) Today Lamm is launching a project to put the design into production and make the dolls a reality. It’s crowd-sourced, it “promotes realistic standards of beauty,” and it can be under your holiday tree by late 2014 if enough people support the project.
Just like Barbie, Lammily has articulated elbows and likes horses and fast cars and rodeos, but she also likes slow cars, or whatever, it’s even fine if you just have a bike and use a car-sharing service. Who owns a car anymore? Lammily isn’t here to judge you, or leave you for a better-looking, closeted gay man with perfect sweaters and a nice car.
Credits: The Atlantic
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Athletes From Around The World Strip Off For A Saucy Charity Calendar
- These Drawings Capture What Love Looks Like When Nobody’s Watching
- Provocative NSFW Fashion Photography By Nikola Tamindzic
- Provocative Photography By Artur Birkle
- “It Is Not The World Of Smiles”: Enchanted NSFW Dolls By Marina Bychkova
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Provocative And Glamour Photography By Oscar Bucaralook
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- Sexy Pin-Up Models Dressed In Only Milk Splashes Grace This NSFW 2018 Calendar
- UK Royal Society Publishing Photography Competition 2017 Winners
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- These Unusual And Sarcastic Illustrations Will Make You Rethink The Way We Live
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- UK Capturing Ecology 2017 Photo Competition
- Perfectly Timed Photos That Will Mess With Your Head
- Photographer Christopher Herwig Hails The Brutal Charm Of The Soviet Bus Stop
- Stunning Photos Of A Beautiful Woman You Wouldn’t Believe That Were Taken Over 40 Years Ago
- Magical Photos Of China Taken By The US Photographer Tristan Zhou
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Famous Album Covers Brought Onto Their Original New York City Locations Where They Were Shot
- Everyday Objects Obsessively Organized Into Patterns By Adam Hillman
- Vibrant Photos Of Chicago In 1941 Through The Lens Of Photographer John Vachon
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- These 80-Year-Old Wooden Escalators Become A Beautiful Sculpture
- The Daredevil Female Photographer Who Lowers Herself Into Active Volcanoes