The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
Lammily is the forthcoming plastic doll whose motto is, “Average is beautiful.” Her body shape is based on averages of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that is more often used to track the American obesity epidemic. She is not affiliated with Mattel’s Barbie.
Last year, graphic designer Nickolay Lamm created some concept images of the “Normal Barbie” that became very popular around the Internet. (If you didn’t see them, one is to the right.) Today Lamm is launching a project to put the design into production and make the dolls a reality. It’s crowd-sourced, it “promotes realistic standards of beauty,” and it can be under your holiday tree by late 2014 if enough people support the project.
Just like Barbie, Lammily has articulated elbows and likes horses and fast cars and rodeos, but she also likes slow cars, or whatever, it’s even fine if you just have a bike and use a car-sharing service. Who owns a car anymore? Lammily isn’t here to judge you, or leave you for a better-looking, closeted gay man with perfect sweaters and a nice car.
Credits: The Atlantic
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- The Funniest Protest Signs From Trump’s Visit To The UK
- Female Artist Illustrated Intimate Scenes Of Love Making Couples
- This Instagram Account Is So Damn Weird, It’s Addicting
- Gorgeous & Sensual NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Zeno Gill
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Gorgeous Female Portrait Photography By Joan Carol
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- You Won’t Believe The Mindblowing Metal Sculptures Created By The ‘Weld Queen’ Of Russia
- Sensual Female Portrait Photography By Sonia Szóstak
- Gorgeous Moody & Stylish Female Portrait Photography By Danny Batista
- Photographer Emilio Jiménez Shows Through His NSFW Photos The Subtle Beauty Of The Female Body
- Architecture And Colorful Minimalism In Photographs By Jacob Mitchel