The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
Lammily is the forthcoming plastic doll whose motto is, “Average is beautiful.” Her body shape is based on averages of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that is more often used to track the American obesity epidemic. She is not affiliated with Mattel’s Barbie.
Last year, graphic designer Nickolay Lamm created some concept images of the “Normal Barbie” that became very popular around the Internet. (If you didn’t see them, one is to the right.) Today Lamm is launching a project to put the design into production and make the dolls a reality. It’s crowd-sourced, it “promotes realistic standards of beauty,” and it can be under your holiday tree by late 2014 if enough people support the project.
Just like Barbie, Lammily has articulated elbows and likes horses and fast cars and rodeos, but she also likes slow cars, or whatever, it’s even fine if you just have a bike and use a car-sharing service. Who owns a car anymore? Lammily isn’t here to judge you, or leave you for a better-looking, closeted gay man with perfect sweaters and a nice car.
Credits: The Atlantic
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portrait Photography by Álvaro Rodríguez Navarro
- Gorgeous Photos Make Star Wars Toys Look Like Real, Life-Sized Ships
- Summer Vibes With Tattoo Model Torrie Blake
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Cool Retro Pics Of The Sexiest Postures That Women Can Seduce Their Men
- Artist Scott Listfield Paints Post-Apocalyptic Scenes Of The Bay Area
- The Superb Sensual And NSFW Paintings By Jamie Adams
- Conceptual And Fine Art Female Portrait Photography By Maxwell Swift
- Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
- If Movie Posters Told The Truth…
- Haunting Photos Of Moscow’s Young Ravers And Their Lives After Dark
- Inside The Chinese Sex Doll Factory
- The Realistic NSFW 3D Character Art By Hood Saladine
- Designer Challenges Himself To Create Logos With Hidden Meanings For A Year
- So Teeth-Nails Exist… And It Gets Even Worse…