The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
Lammily is the forthcoming plastic doll whose motto is, “Average is beautiful.” Her body shape is based on averages of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that is more often used to track the American obesity epidemic. She is not affiliated with Mattel’s Barbie.
Last year, graphic designer Nickolay Lamm created some concept images of the “Normal Barbie” that became very popular around the Internet. (If you didn’t see them, one is to the right.) Today Lamm is launching a project to put the design into production and make the dolls a reality. It’s crowd-sourced, it “promotes realistic standards of beauty,” and it can be under your holiday tree by late 2014 if enough people support the project.
Just like Barbie, Lammily has articulated elbows and likes horses and fast cars and rodeos, but she also likes slow cars, or whatever, it’s even fine if you just have a bike and use a car-sharing service. Who owns a car anymore? Lammily isn’t here to judge you, or leave you for a better-looking, closeted gay man with perfect sweaters and a nice car.
Credits: The Atlantic
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Marvelous Female Portrait Photography by Kai Böttcher
- The Internet’s Most Favorite Animal Captured In Beautiful Portrait Photographs By Felicity Berkleef
- Professional Russian Photographer Pavel Kiselev Captures Sensual NSFW Female Pictures
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Guy Paints Over Shit Graffiti And Makes It Legible
- This Artist Offers Piles Of Burgers To The Masterpieces Of Painting
- “From Russia With Love”: NSFW & Beauty Female Photography By Tatiana Mertsalova
- Pink Gore And Pop Culture – The Superb Tattoos By Brando Chiesa
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- “The Memories Of The Future”: Photographer Nuno Assis Captures Fantastic Photos Of Hong Kong
- “WC For Architects”: Old Toilet Wall Decorated With Photos Of Windows From The Neighbourhood
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- “It Is Not The World Of Smiles”: Enchanted NSFW Dolls By Marina Bychkova