L-Series Bench by Geoffrey Lilge
Areaworks is a new manufacturing collaboration between an industrial designer and a cabinetmaker, established in 2013 by Geoffrey Lilge and Christopher Brandt.
Canadian site furnishings manufacturer Areaworks introduce the L-Series benches by designer Geoffrey Lilge. The series consists of a laser-cut steel frame in twelve different size/armrest configurations, and is available with Ipe or Oak slats.
“The laser cut profile provides a seamless frame that is efficient to manufacture,” explains Lilge “We set out to minimize the number of parts and visible connection details – the wood slats and formed metal frame support each other in unison.”
The series was designed with materials and finishes suitable for harsh northern climates, “Both the Ipe wood and the galvanized finish will age gracefully..they will gradually earn a patina that will look better after a few years,” says Lilge.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- GrelkaFest 2019: The Annual Bikini Ski Day In Siberia!
- Bizarre House Hangs Perilously Over a Cliff’s Edge in Australia
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- This Artist Illustrated Her Everyday Problems With Relatable Comics
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- “Life Is Tough, But Keep Going”: Colorful And Sunny Illustrations By Xi Zhang
- Jadayupara, The Largest Bird Sculpture In The World
- Artist Designs Classic Cars Inspired By Exotic Wild Animals