L-Series Bench by Geoffrey Lilge
Areaworks is a new manufacturing collaboration between an industrial designer and a cabinetmaker, established in 2013 by Geoffrey Lilge and Christopher Brandt.
Canadian site furnishings manufacturer Areaworks introduce the L-Series benches by designer Geoffrey Lilge. The series consists of a laser-cut steel frame in twelve different size/armrest configurations, and is available with Ipe or Oak slats.
“The laser cut profile provides a seamless frame that is efficient to manufacture,” explains Lilge “We set out to minimize the number of parts and visible connection details – the wood slats and formed metal frame support each other in unison.”
The series was designed with materials and finishes suitable for harsh northern climates, “Both the Ipe wood and the galvanized finish will age gracefully..they will gradually earn a patina that will look better after a few years,” says Lilge.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- This Hidden Chilling Forest Path Looks Like A Trail To Mordor
- Spencer Elden The Famous Nirvana Baby Recreates The Album Cover 25 Years Later
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Extreme Hipsters: People Who Took Hipsterism To A Whole New Level
- “No Animal Takes Pleasure In Suffering”: Shocking Images Of The Powerful Awareness-Raising Campaign