L-Series Bench by Geoffrey Lilge
Areaworks is a new manufacturing collaboration between an industrial designer and a cabinetmaker, established in 2013 by Geoffrey Lilge and Christopher Brandt.
Canadian site furnishings manufacturer Areaworks introduce the L-Series benches by designer Geoffrey Lilge. The series consists of a laser-cut steel frame in twelve different size/armrest configurations, and is available with Ipe or Oak slats.
“The laser cut profile provides a seamless frame that is efficient to manufacture,” explains Lilge “We set out to minimize the number of parts and visible connection details – the wood slats and formed metal frame support each other in unison.”
The series was designed with materials and finishes suitable for harsh northern climates, “Both the Ipe wood and the galvanized finish will age gracefully..they will gradually earn a patina that will look better after a few years,” says Lilge.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Top 20 Absolute Worst Things In The World
- Before And After: Lithuanian Photographer Showed How Motherhood Changes Women
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- McDonald’s Japan Releases A Line Of Adorable Cups But People Are Finding Them Hilariously Inappropriate
- Epic Stair Design Fails That May Result In Some Serious Injuries
- Faces Of M’era Luna, The World’s Biggest Goth And Steampunk Festival
- 35 Brides Before And After Their Wedding Makeup That You’ll Barely Recognize