Woman’s Hilarious Parody Portraits Recreate Popular Celebrity Instagram Photos
Comedian Celeste Barber set out to prove that while celebrity Instagram photos may be interesting to look at and admire, they aren’t always realistic. She created the #CelesteChallengeAccepted project that follows her as she attempts to recreate some of the most unique social media snapshots of famous actors, musicians, and TV personalities.
“Some celebrities on Instagram seem to think we non-rich, non-privileged people are idiots and believe that what they are posting is real,” the comedian told BuzzFeed. “I wanted to try to show how ridiculous it would be for a ‘normal’ person to recreate some of these photos.”
In the end, Barber not only accomplished her comedic goal, she also inspired many of her followers to take a second look at the images that often make them feel not-so-great about themselves.
“I get a lot of really positive feedback, like ‘Thanks for making me not feel so sh*t about myself’, and ‘Thanks for keeping it real,'” she says.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Winning Photographs From The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Before She Was Famous, Marilyn Monroe Was Paid Just $10 an Hour to Pose for Pin-up Artist Earl Moran in the Late 1940s
- This Korean Tattoo Artist Creates Tattoo Cover-Up Masterpieces!
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- Design Crowd Issued A Challenge To Create The Worst Ad, And The Contestants Have Delivered
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope