Woman’s Hilarious Parody Portraits Recreate Popular Celebrity Instagram Photos
Comedian Celeste Barber set out to prove that while celebrity Instagram photos may be interesting to look at and admire, they aren’t always realistic. She created the #CelesteChallengeAccepted project that follows her as she attempts to recreate some of the most unique social media snapshots of famous actors, musicians, and TV personalities.
“Some celebrities on Instagram seem to think we non-rich, non-privileged people are idiots and believe that what they are posting is real,” the comedian told BuzzFeed. “I wanted to try to show how ridiculous it would be for a ‘normal’ person to recreate some of these photos.”
In the end, Barber not only accomplished her comedic goal, she also inspired many of her followers to take a second look at the images that often make them feel not-so-great about themselves.
“I get a lot of really positive feedback, like ‘Thanks for making me not feel so sh*t about myself’, and ‘Thanks for keeping it real,'” she says.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World