KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
Photographs by KangHee Kim are known in corners all over the internet. Instantly satisfying but including something just-not-quite-right, her crafted images have garnered a huge following, always stopping people whilst scrolling through feeds.
At a basic level, it would be easy to describe KangHee’s work as easily digestible images that make you ask “how did she do that?!” before moving onto the next. But for the photographer, making work is a process to keep her calm, the action of meticulously crafting these images together is as satisfying for KangHee as it is for someone looking at them.
Born in Seoul but now based in the States, “My visa situation (DACA) hasn’t been solved, and the government is in the middle of taking an action for DACA recipients,” the photographer explains when asked what’s been playing on her mind. “It’s all up in the air for a long time. I’ve been trying to put myself at ease by making work everyday and staying hopeful,” she tells It’s Nice That. “As a result of that I think I’ve made work that is more at peace now I look back at them.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Surreal Family Vacation Photos That Include The Cats
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- An Artist Created Stunning Looks For Halloween Inspired By Creepy Movie Characters